I finally got get up............

I'm old fashioned. Plain old sync cords for me!

(translation: I'm too cheap to spend $20 on a chinese radio trigger)

And I thought I was cheap for spending $20 on a Chinese RF trigger!

I passed up the $8.00 extension rings for the $5.00 ones the other nigh - with free shipping from China!

Nice solution! I did this.... Pocket Wizards have a little ear on them where you can put a lanyard... so I ordered these > Amazon.com: COSMOS ® 5 pcs Black Nylon Hand Wrist Strap Lanyard For Camera Cell phone ipod mp3 mp4 PSP Wii and other Electronic Devices + Cosmos cable tie: Cell Phones & Accessories and now just hang the PWs on any of the various protrusions on my lightstands.
THANK-YOU!!!! I need a bunch of those to replace missing/worn straps on my PWs (and other gear). Never knew where to look for them. FWIW, I do the same thing as you.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm old fashioned. Plain old sync cords for me!

(translation: I'm too cheap to spend $20 on a chinese radio trigger)

And I thought I was cheap for spending $20 on a Chinese RF trigger!

I passed up the $8.00 extension rings for the $5.00 ones the other nigh - with free shipping from China!

Saving money is great (I'm so tight I have maple leaves imprinted on my thumbs from pinching pennies so hard), BUT be careful. Especially with things like extension rings. If they have poorly cut threads in aluminum rings, you may find they become permanently attached to your camera one day. Spend the extra $$ and get ones made of hard-drawn brass.

They're M42. They might become permanently attached to the lens or adapter, but I'm not too worried about this.

And I am not too sure how that would happen with a bayonet mount anyway.

Most reactions

Back