I find it disappointing...

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...when people who run web sites feel the need to speak ill of a similar site in a public forum. I guess some comments and criticism are to be expected when a web site grows large enough for people to start taking notice, but I don't understand the need some people feel to put down a site in an attempt to make their own site look better.

Anyway, it is disappointing. Am I hoping for too much from people?

Anything in particular leading you on this train of thought? FWIW, I agree with you. I'm a mod on 2 other discussion sites, and for awhile there was something of an 'unoffical' competition between them. It was odd--they were different topics, etc., but a lot of the same people--except for a nasty little spiteful minority that wouldn't go to the 2nd site, but sat and criticized it on the 1st site.

Some people are just dicks (pardon my language). :sigh: :|

Yeah, there were some comments aimed at this site. It wasn't anything major, but I just think its too bad that people feel the need to do that sort of thing.

Maybe I should just be happy that this site is large enough to even get negative attention...I mean, negative press is better than no press at all, right? :lol:

i read them, and i was offended. i find it very stupid for these other people to talk like that when they havent taken the time get to know us.

md

You have better things to do than worry about some lame comments.
This forum serves its purpose for each and every member. Isn't that what matters?

Thay can smear vinegar and whipped creme on their toes and suck it!

LOL...nah.

It really isn't a big deal. In fact, I probably made it sound like a bigger deal than it really was. It wasn't like people were all out bashing this site, it was just some small comments about some of the things that go on here.

Which is why I found it disappointing rather than being angry about it. :D

I'll sum up what was said..

Appearently we are a "purist" forum and can't stand when someone uses photoshop and posts it on this site. But when some hero came and proved that good photoshop is possible we all went running with our tails between our legs. :roll:

Exactly, every one of my shots has been photoshopped whether with cropping or using the curve tool to give it a bit more punch.

i thought we loved photoshop on this forum. maybe ive been coming to a different one.

mindy, neve and i can tell you all about this stuff, aint that right, candy stripers?! :D
no one on this forum has ever had a bad thing to say about another forum(do other forums exist?) yet this stuff happens.

i just find it perplexing.

Shark said:
Hell, I don't put a photo up here that hasn't undergone some sort of post processing.
If you want a great image post processing is required. You still need something to work with. Like the saying goes "you can polish a turd but it's still a piece of ****"

Most reactions

Back