I found Nikon 70-210mm dirt cheap.....

Lonnie1212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Folks,

I found a Nikon AF Nikkor 70-210mm f4-5.6D on eBay for $52.00. Looked at some awesome pictures on Flickr taken with this lens and was quite impressed. Had always wanted to buy a lens from Japan as well. The seller is from Japan and charged $30.00. The lens is in excellent+ condition.

The Angry Photographer recommends the F4 version of this lens over all others. But I seemed to like the f4-5.6D Flickr pictures a little better. But that is just my opinion and I am hobbyist and not a professional.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience with this lens?

Thank you,

Lonnie

I had one and regret having sold it.

My only dislike was that it was slow focusing.

I just purchased the 70-200 f/4 VR version. It’s AMAZING!

who is the Angry Photographer?

I have the underrated 70-210 f4. The supposed slow focusing doesn't occur on either my F5 or D90. The zoom collar does have a cheap platicky feel due to being assembled dry........and well..........it is plastic. But the overall construction and performance are excellent. This is a tight crop from the D90.

DSC_1420_208tag5.JPG

I just purchased the 70-200 f/4 VR version. It’s AMAZING!

who is the Angry Photographer?

Google on YouTube.

I can't stand listening to him.
He may have good things to say, but the way he says things just makes me not want to listen to him.

That guy knows his glass if you can tolerate his demeanor. I have no issue with him, I just listen patiently as he tends to repeat himself over and over.

I used to own one, actually bought 3 of them and finally got a good copy. The local camera store had a few and I finally got a non de-centered one. I ended up selling it with my Nikon F4, along with the 28-80. If I recall, it was a push pull design and very sharp. Very quick focus and very little, if any distortion. It was better for B&W than color for me. With color, it was ok but on the cool side as I remember. For what its worth, I really preferred the Minolta AF 70-210 f4 for color on my Maxum 9, which I bought back from the guy who needed the money due to losing his job from Covid.

I've owned one for about four years, and it's included in my own "f/4 triumvirate". Also included are the 24-120mm f/4 and the 16-35mm f/4. I especially like the 70-200, since it's quite a bit lighter than my Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, and the three lenses and my D750 make for lightweight traveling.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back