I got you now Mr Cardinal!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
He has eluded me to this point, his red has mocked me, he would move and it was game over, I had given up on getting him in motion.... until today....

The power went out here today, we had blizzards, ice storms, snow squalls, and kept our power, today was sun and cloud, zap no power for the day! I took the opportunity to go and spend some time with the birds and catch light between the clouds, and that's when it happened....

He showed up and did his usual, staying at a "safe" distance... I waited and waited for him to do it at the right time and finally he did and I got him IN FREAKIN FLIGHT!!! WOOT!!

It's not a brilliantly composed shot and I wish it was a little sharper/more detail on Mr Cardinal but I'm calling this my first successful shot of Mr. Cardinal in flight :)

Mr Cardinal, it's on like Donkey Kong now !!

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

I love the shot. As an actual *good* shot of a bird has eluded me to this point, and probably will for some time to come, I can only imagine that you were excited to get such a great shot of him in motion. Nice!

Kevin

Great catch! Songbirds are so hard to get sharp when they take off and fly towards you.

Nice, I'm impressed that you got him that well in focus. I'm thinking you used a small aperture with all the branches in focus too. I would be tempted to crop this more.

Nice. I had one appear the other day on a smoke break, but my camera was not ready to shoot him...and he flew away. So he still eludes me. lol

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

Yep really neat.

He's OOF a wee bit, but you pulled off an incredible shot. The exif info doesn't tell if you were in rapid fire/continuous high or not. I suppose you had to have been, as the likelihood of getting him on one snap isn't great. Good call on the 1/1000.

Well done. Have been trying for years to capture backyard bifs, without success.

Good shooting for sure!

Thanks everyone! I see many of you can relate to how tricky songbirds can be to shoot lol
O'Rork, definitely in rapid fire, with the cardinals even in rapid fire from take off I MIGHT get two shots when they are going towards or away from me, and maybe three if I'm lucky and they go sideways and I can pan a bit before they are out of range, I need to find slower birds but these guys are great for practice lol!

Most reactions

Back