I had free portrait shoots set up for the weekend and all the models flaked out...

AtuspidsGoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...so I had to be the model...it made me realize that the fiance is beyosome with the technical how to make things work piece...but oh em gee...:confused: with composition, positioning...framing and everything else artsy...save for the cropping out of my arms and legs though...I think he did ok in this one...no?...it was virtually the only one worth a penny. =(

230401_528937294722_146100730_30803791_828964_n.jpg

Yes I love it and you are adorable, I love the dress. Did you set it all up then, and fiance clicked the button or he actually did all of it?

Yes I love it and you are adorable, I love the dress. Did you set it all up then, and fiance clicked the button or he actually did all of it?

He knows the technical stuff like how to focus and set the fstop, aperture, iso...etc...I just had to show him a few sample frames...he missed the focus on my eyes and face quite a bit though...teheheheehhehe...

If you were selling the dress, hair accessory or necklace this photo would do the trick. I'm not picky though so.. maybe my opinion doesn't matter as much.

Believe he did fine. Next time set it to Auto Area Focus and blow him a kiss , camera will pick it up and focus on the face.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Models are flaky like that, it wont be the last time they all bail on you! lol On the other hand, your husband had a very beautiful model to work with. A little more contrast on the shot might make it pop a little more.

Models are flaky like that, it wont be the last time they all bail on you! lol On the other hand, your husband had a very beautiful model to work with. A little more contrast on the shot might make it pop a little more.

Ugh...you'd think since they volunteered they would show up!...

Last edited:
We went out again today...he did a bit better but neither of us was really in the mood so we only stayed out for about an hour...I must of tried on at least 10 dresses...just to go out and shoot for an hour...:lol:

5728696957_3f06dca6c0_z.jpg

A free shoot means if they flake out on you they are out nothing of value...models flaking out on free shoots is a pretty common occurrence, really.

Wow. Stunning.

A free shoot means if they flake out on you they are out nothing of value...models flaking out on free shoots is a pretty common occurrence, really.

Son since they flaked and are now asking to reschedule...should I do it or say no?

Thanks MissCream!...you remind me of Mariah Carey...;)

Thanks MissCream!...you remind me of Mariah Carey...;)

She reminds me of her too, a much younger version of course. I prefer the first photo, but the second one you seem to be more in focus, or sharper than in the first.

...should I do it or say no?

Schedule it then cancel at the last minute.

When I saw the thread title I thought there weren't going to be any hawt model pics. Thanks for not disappointing! I like the first one better, lighting seems off in #2, mostly on your face, seems a little darker than the rest of your body.

Other than that, what MissCream said. :sexywink:

Wow MissCream you better post another good pic of you again or I won't be your #1 fan no more :). Lol.

I'm still learning so maybe this is obvious, but did you blur the background in post or not? I ask because it doesn't look natural to me, I can't put my figure on it but something doesn't look to me like bokeh normally looks. (if that is the correct use of the term bokeh). Anyway I am not saying there is anything wrong it just looks different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back