What's new

I had quite a trip last night!

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
41
Location
in the eye of a tornado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I left at 5:00pm from TX to make the long drive to CO. About 2:30am I was getting a little drousy and it was lightning!!!! I shot for about an hour total just in fastination of the lightning. It a little scary cause when it would flash, it would flash all across the sky and the power lines above me would hum, interesting.

1.
2519826640_42d587b2b8_o.jpg


2.
2519008141_fbc67e5dd5_o.jpg


3.
2519008189_ae16e40f97_o.jpg


4.
2519826814_d88b5837d6_o.jpg


5.
2519826860_b60070ab41_o.jpg
 
I like the last two the most. You do anything to -not- get struck while you shoot this stuff?
 
Blooming marvellous shots!
Its always amazing to see the skies a-blaze with lightning.
now go get a wide angle lens so we can see the whole sky ;) :)
 
I like the last two the most. You do anything to -not- get struck while you shoot this stuff?

Nah, Being safe is lame, :D. but in all seriousness though... There really isn't anything one could do. Lightning can hit anything at any time. I've seen it hit houses when there is a very tall radio tower just a half a mile away.

Overread said:
Blooming marvellous shots!
Its always amazing to see the skies a-blaze with lightning.
now go get a wide angle lens so we can see the whole sky ;-) :)

Thanks it WAS a wide angle. I might have to get a fishy to get the whole sky. All these were shot with my 17-40mm L at 17mm. I'm planning on getting a 10-22 and a sigma 10mm fishy.
 
Wow 3-5 are some of my favorite lightning shots I've ever seen.
 
Wow great shots! I know what I'll be doing with my 11-16/2.8 on a pod the next time we've got lighting! :)
 
I like 4&5 due to the fact you can see the landscape. The others are a tad dark but, I uderstand that the light fars off quickly in storms.
 
Thats so unfair, you always get storm shots!!!! Irish weather sucks! Bring on the lightning!!!!!
 
Well Renair... You do live in Ireland so there has to be a trade off... I get the weather, you get the pretty landscapes... It's only fair.
 
I love the darkness of #1 :) And #3 is amazing; it's like it planned a certain pattern on the sky!

Great shots!!
 
whoa, chris, these are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom