I had quite a trip last night!

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I left at 5:00pm from TX to make the long drive to CO. About 2:30am I was getting a little drousy and it was lightning!!!! I shot for about an hour total just in fastination of the lightning. It a little scary cause when it would flash, it would flash all across the sky and the power lines above me would hum, interesting.

2519826640_42d587b2b8_o.jpg

2519008141_fbc67e5dd5_o.jpg

2519008189_ae16e40f97_o.jpg

2519826814_d88b5837d6_o.jpg

2519826860_b60070ab41_o.jpg

I like the last two the most. You do anything to -not- get struck while you shoot this stuff?

Blooming marvellous shots!
Its always amazing to see the skies a-blaze with lightning.
now go get a wide angle lens so we can see the whole sky ;) :)

I like the last two the most. You do anything to -not- get struck while you shoot this stuff?

Nah, Being safe is lame, :D. but in all seriousness though... There really isn't anything one could do. Lightning can hit anything at any time. I've seen it hit houses when there is a very tall radio tower just a half a mile away.

Overread said:
Blooming marvellous shots!
Its always amazing to see the skies a-blaze with lightning.
now go get a wide angle lens so we can see the whole sky ;-) :)

Thanks it WAS a wide angle. I might have to get a fishy to get the whole sky. All these were shot with my 17-40mm L at 17mm. I'm planning on getting a 10-22 and a sigma 10mm fishy.

Wow 3-5 are some of my favorite lightning shots I've ever seen.

Wow great shots! I know what I'll be doing with my 11-16/2.8 on a pod the next time we've got lighting! :)

I like 4&5 due to the fact you can see the landscape. The others are a tad dark but, I uderstand that the light fars off quickly in storms.

Well Renair... You do live in Ireland so there has to be a trade off... I get the weather, you get the pretty landscapes... It's only fair.

whoa, chris, these are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back