What's new

I had to try this.

bantor

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
526
Reaction score
9
Location
Calgary Alberta
In my meandering of the general gallery threads, I have come accross a few of these types of pictures, it looked kinda fun so I gave it a quick try. This one is not the greatest but alright for a first try.

photoalbum31qc.jpg


That lovely lady in the picture is my mother about 25 some ought years ago.
 
Wow !!.. thats a cool effect :wav: very impressive picture, How did you do that ?
 
Thank you very much everyone.
Ajax said:
Wow !!.. thats a cool effect :wav: very impressive picture, How did you do that ?

Well I am not sure how other people do it, but what I did was put my camera on a tri-pod. set up what I wanted to take a picture of. Set all my controls to manual. Then take the picture. Next I opened the book. Took a picture with the same settings and that was it as far as picture taking went.

The rest is in photoshop. I just used the clone stamp tool and cloned the inside of the book overtop of the cover at a low opacity and that was that. Well I did mess around with some saturation and what not. And thats that. I hope that helps you out.
 
what brush did you use? mine turned out correctly but the edges of the brush is clearly visible any help? here is mine:

53255847-M.jpg


Do I at least have the technique down?
 
It seem about right to me. I would try a larger brush, with very soft edges. Also try and do it in as few strokes as possible.
 
Great shot, took me a little time to work it out, because it wasn't a car with an engine, but it's a cool effect and this is a great way (and probably unique) to use it!

Rob
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom