I hate asking this, but here it is: I need a P&S

I have a panasonic, cant remember the exact model, and a friend has it so I can not check. But it is a 7.1 megapixel and it is nice and compact and the best digi-cam I have ever owned, both my bf and myself :heart: it. Takes great pics. Have never had any trouble with it. I think I have seen them in store recently for about $180 - $200. I dont think it is the kind of cam you are looking for but this is jsut my 2 cents. I could not ask for a better digi-cam thats for sure. :D

You'll be able to get a Samsung Digimax L85 on eBay for under $130 and it produces superb results. 8.1mp. Complements my 5D perfectly. But hurry - they're beginning to disappear from sale.

Heh, point taken. However, I actually want to look at the pics when she's back :) and I don't want to delete most of them because they were blurry.
Blurry pictures 99% of the time have nothing to do with the camera. My experience with cameras are a very old Pentax 35 mm P&S (late 80's), a bit newer Pentax 35 mm P&S with a 35-135 mm zoom (early 90's), Fuji 2650 2 mp digital P&S, and now my Fuji S700/5700. I could take perfectly in focus pictures with each and every one of these cameras. Put it in my wife's hands and every picture will come out blurry no matter how many times I try to tell her how to use it. I'm just a "know-it-all" when I tell her, even though hers are all blurry and mine are perfectly fine :roll:

I recently purchase a Canon A720 and really like it. This is the second point and shoot camera that I have owned. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in a point and shoot. If you are looking for a camera that is more compact maybe take a look at these.

To me, most of these 'digi-cams' are all the same. Many of the parts are the same from brand to brand anyway.

I'd suggest just going into a store and finding one that feels good and fits the budget. Better yet, let your wife pick one that she likes.

I'd probably stick to a good brand but that still leaves plenty of options.
+1

Thanks for all the replies. Canon A720 IS it is!

Fuji has been making some P&S with slightly larger sensors.

I bought my sister a F50fd for christmas and i must say that it performs quite well. Picture quality is good even at high ISO (for a P&S).

I also owned a lumix which i passed on to my dad since i have a DSLR. I feel really like the colour and contrast that the glass on those produce. Leica makes it, and I might just be imagining things but i feel like it's pretty good.

I have to enter a vote for Pentax P&S. I have an optio S5i and couldnt be happier with it...for what it is. Look At the optio M50. it's available at Wallmart for $229. It may be more mp than you want but I think you cant go wrong for the price.

Vince

Most reactions

Back