i hate Henry's

I don't understand. If someone is on commission then I think they would want to sell you something, not just walk away.
And if they aren't selling then the owners should get rid of them, they have to pay for business operations!

Sounds like they are running out of inventory, ie .. going out of business soon.

I guess they figure they aren't going to get a big enough commission from me. which is ironic because I have bought so much from them in the past.

Thanks guys (and girls). I just needed to vent. It's been a long few weeks and I'm sick of being treated like crap when I go there. I feel better now. Going to start looking at online places that ship to Canada. I'm done with Henry's crappy service. It's simply not worth it.

You're out the wrong way, I know, but another vote here for Belle Arte Camera in Hamilton! They're one store, and competing well against Henry's. They have a big consignment section, and are very very helpful. I went into Henry's in Ancaster one time and was treated like a total noob because all I have is a T3.

Nope, not out the wrong way at all. We travel all over the place and have no problem travelling to find a decent store. Plus Scott just informed me that he is a Hamilton Tiger Cats fan. So I can go camera shopping and he can go watch football! (We are the people that drove 827km to see the elusive Canadian moose - which I still haven't been able to see!)

Unfortunately that is the kind of customer "service" that we can expect from a commission-based sales staff.

circuit city didn't go out of business until they got rid of the commission-based sales model.

related: the servers at restaurants that dont serve me well, don't get as much as a tip. Almost like there's an incentive to please the Brain.

I'm the same way, I start with a basic tip at the beginning and it goes up or down depending on the service. Really good service = really good tip.

Well sounds like an ideal situation to be addressed by an angry mob wielding torches and pitchforks. You know, assuming we had any... **cough** **cough** ahem.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can you get tasers in Canada? It should be legal to use them on asshat commission sales people. "I didn't really want to hear the 14 minute spiel about the warranty, so I'm bound by law to do this. Time to ride the lightning."

You're out the wrong way, I know, but another vote here for Belle Arte Camera in Hamilton! They're one store, and competing well against Henry's. They have a big consignment section, and are very very helpful. I went into Henry's in Ancaster one time and was treated like a total noob because all I have is a T3.

Nope, not out the wrong way at all. We travel all over the place and have no problem travelling to find a decent store. Plus Scott just informed me that he is a Hamilton Tiger Cats fan. So I can go camera shopping and he can go watch football! (We are the people that drove 827km to see the elusive Canadian moose - which I still haven't been able to see!)

That's true! The new stadium will be open soon, too! It's also only a few blocks from Belle Arte, lucky you.

Here in Montreal, we have Lozeau which is the biggest camera store in the province. I have always had great service from them. The camera bodies tend to be a bit more expensive, but I find their prices on lenses usually beat American Internet stores and they regularly have sales. They deliver, so maybe you should give them a look: www.lozeau.com

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys (and girls). I just needed to vent. It's been a long few weeks and I'm sick of being treated like crap when I go there. I feel better now. Going to start looking at online places that ship to Canada. I'm done with Henry's crappy service. It's simply not worth it.

I use B&H

It has nothing to do with the fact that they get paid commission and everything to do with the fact that they're poorly trained...

Crap, sorry. Henry's is a camera store. They have many locations in Canada. For some reason, I thought they were in the US too.
There are Henry's here in California but it's a supermarket.

Edit: just saw that someone already mentioned this.

Henry's eBay store does business in the US too. Haven't bought anything from them-I prefer KEH or local stuff.

Most reactions

Back