I have a few questions.

du5tin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings,

I've been wanting to begin a hobby/maybe future in photography. I watched my friend purchase a Canon EOS 20D this past week and was blown away at the things he could do with it. I'm wondering what would be a good camera to start out with that is semi-professional, yet amateur-friendly? I have a Kodak CX4310 (3.2 MP) and it doesn't do what I want. I was thinking about the Canon EOS Digital Rebel.

I hope you guys or gals could add your thoughts.

Thanks!

Do a search on the forum and you'll find a wealth of info. Also try dpreview.com. What does your current camera not do that you want to be able to do? What is your price range?

The most common prosumer DSLR's out there right now would be the Canon Rebel, Rebel XT, 20D, Nikon D70, D70s, D50, D100.

Pentax and Olympus and all the other major guys have models to compete with the above but I don't hear about them nearly as much as the above models.

It doesn't matter what you get because a week later a new model comes out that absolutely blitzes the rest of the models out there. I have a Canon 10D I bought over a year ago. It is the best camera I have ever used (digital) but I'm also used to it now. No matter what you get, you will get used to it's features (and faults), just depends on how much money you have really.
If you're just starting out I would say get the best camera you can buy for your money, because if you start out smaller soon you'll want bigger and the first camera you got would be obselete! Research on the net.
A camera is just a tool, same as a hammer, just depends on how you use it.

They really dent when you bang nails in with them, though!

For carpentry, I recommend a second-hand Nikkormat with a 35-105 mm zoom lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back