I have a show next month, critique my selection

Tiger and runner don't fit, I imo

Tiger fits because the show is just outside the gates of LSU, it is the actual mascot. It goes along with the stadium and Varsity/Chimes, also just outside the gates of LSU.

The running one I can understand, but it is one of my favorite images I have taken.

Yah, I got the LSU tiger thing but the look doesn't fit with the other pictures and it's not nearly as artsy.

the runner might be your favorite but it's not the level of the others.

Tiger fits because the show is just outside the gates of LSU, it is the actual mascot. It goes along with the stadium and Varsity/Chimes, also just outside the gates of LSU.

The running one I can understand, but it is one of my favorite images I have taken.
Sounds like you don't actually want critique.

Sounds like you don't actually want critique.

Not true, I take all critiques and respect them. I just answered the critique as of why I selected those two images.

Funny thing is, those where the ones that would have been in the exhibit no matter what (plus the clock face), all the others could have been swapped out by several.

Sorry, missed the part where he show is outside the LSU gates. In light of this, I would say everything looks good to me...including the Tiger.

Last edited:

Can you re-order the sequence? Consider placing the runner next to the tiger; have Louisiana wines in the same row as cafe du monde and the street view.

Or isn't the flickr feed order relevant (?)

I don't know that it's including a tiger so much as it being a close up, it doesn't seem to work proportionately with all the wonderful scenes that show the character of the place. I like the photo of the jogger but it seems like it could be anywhere more than a specific place, although that one might fit in better. I love the icy chairs, that's unique and beautifully done in B&W.

I guess I wasn't clear in my OP. This show is at an artsy cafe outside of LSU. The images will be on display for two months and are for sale. The cafe features a different local artist every two months. The order of Flickr has no bearing on the order/placement of the pictures. I plan to have one wall featuring LSU, one wall featuring New Orleans, and one wall of everything else.

I was invited to display my images because of the ice covered chairs, it was taken at the cafe the show will be at.

I dont expect to sell anything, but I selected these images because of optimal chance of selling something.

It helps to be clear about things. In trying to make some rational sense out of this collection in my own mind, I see a certain "theme", regardless of your initial intent. IMO, the runner doesn't seem to have any connection whatsoever to the architectural/street "theme", and even though I get the tiger relationship, it falls into a completely different style of composition than the majority of photos.

Discounting where the show is going to be held (as I did not know that from the beginning) you still could make some reference to a LSU tiger by selecting some other representation of the tiger, just not an actual animal. IOW: I'm sure there will be some other inanimate representation of a tiger somewhere around that city that would fit in with the rest of the photographs better.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back