I just discovered RAW mode!!!

I do have RAW+JPG in my camera. I will definitly experiment with it and try it out. I kind of figured out my editing program. It gives me way more options and has opened up alot for me. If I can do everything right...lol...then I will probably end up shooting in RAW mode more often or at least RAW+JPG it just means that I'm gonna need a bigger memory card. Heres a picture I took in RAW mode and tweaked up...it looks WAY better then the original did believe me...just a snapshot though...

~Nikki~

IMG_0986cb.jpg

Wow, nice. Could you post the original photo for comparison?

You can not print a RAW file. You can print a JPEG converted RAW file, but printing a RAW file is not possible.

I can open a Raw file in Preview on a Mac or in Photoshop on a Mac or PC and print it.

I can open a Raw file in Preview on a Mac or in Photoshop on a Mac or PC and print it.

That is not a RAW file you are viewing. You are viewing Mac or Photoshop's JPEG conversion of the RAW file - even in preview mode.

my RAW photos look just like my JPEG photos (i have it on RAW+JPEG). Is this supposed to be?

If you have your camera's Jpeg options set to default and your jpeg quality set to high, then your jpegs will appear to be identical to your RAW images. The differences will only become apparent when you try to recover a bright blowout or ultra-dark area in your image or when you want to completely alter the white balance.

I just filled up another external hard drive last night and I hate it, but despite this hassle, I would never stop using RAW.

Most reactions

Back