I just found out my camera has this neat feature...

ConradM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was going through the menu and I found something called a focus magnifier. Which picks a selected spot in the scene and magnifies it so you can focus perfectly. How common is this with today's dslr's?

I think i'm going to be using this anytime I'm using a tripod. :p

It's fairly common when you're using live view. On my Canon 60D, in live view, I can press the button that is usually reserved for zooming in on recorded images and it will magnify by x10 and I think x100.

I use it when my manual focus is pissing me off.

Ah ok, yeah I kind of thought that x100 was a bit much. lol
It's one of those "I never knew you could do that", features that doesn't get used very often. :(

Ah ok, yeah I kind of thought that x100 was a bit much. lol
It's one of those "I never knew you could do that", features that doesn't get used very often. :(

If I had live view on my camera, I'd use that feature ALL the time for manual focusing when shooting on a tripod. ALL the time

All of the micro-43 cameras have this feature. Many who use vintage manual focus lenses leverage this feature all the time. In fact, a particular model became popular simply because it had a dedicated button to enable magnification (others required more than one button push to activate).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back