I just learned something new about my tripod...

ConradM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was messing around with it today and I figured out that I could mount the head on the bottom of the tube. :mrgreen: I'm sure this isn't news to most people but I thought it was cool!

zzzzzinverted1.jpg

zzzzzinverted2.jpg

zzzzzinverted3.jpg

yea.. it is handy. There are also tripods that have legs that will go out nearly 90 degrees to the head for low shots.. and some that have the center tube actually mount on a swivel that will allow 360 degrees of horizontal movement as well as a wide range of of vertical!

MTL 92/82 Professional Tripods

Good stuff!

Yea, I've seen those features on the expensive tripods. It was a pleasant surprise that mine could even do this. :mrgreen:

yea.. it is handy. There are also tripods that have legs that will go out nearly 90 degrees to the head for low shots.. and some that have the center tube actually mount on a swive..........

Tripodflatonground.jpg

I also use the same threaded stud to hang my pack on to dampen vibration.

DSC_6020.jpg

And if your tripod doesn't happen to have a 1/4 or 3/8" stud on the bottom of the column............. get creative!

D7K_1797.jpg

And if your tripod doesn't happen to have a 1/4 or 3/8" stud on the bottom of the column............. get creative!

D7K_1797.jpg

haha i would never trust a clamp to hold on to a couple thousand dollar camera...

480 sparky is that a magnet?!?

I have some homemade Justin Clamps too.. they rock! I used really heavy duty clamps.. my girlfriend cant even squeeze them! lol!

Most reactions

Back