I Just Luv It!!! *RANT

Ahh but sometimes a "snapshot" to one is a well planned shot to another (that other being the photographer in question)
Its not bad to be honest or critical, but if you comment its really best to say the whys of what lead to a thought, especially if you are being critical to anothers work

Ahh but sometimes a "snapshot" to one is a well planned shot to another (that other being the photographer in question)
Its not bad to be honest or critical, but if you comment its really best to say the whys of what lead to a thought, especially if you are being critical to anothers work

IMO, most of the time that people say something looks like a snapshot, is when it has little to no post-processing done. It seems to have nothing to do with how long you took to come up with the idea or compose it.

SnapShot = Candid shot that was carefully planned
SnapShot = Candid shot that was impulsive but yielded the results that the Photog was after
SnapShot = Unthought out shot that was unthought of "shooter beware"
SnapShot = noob with camera shooting everything that moves to get a photo
SnapShot = poorly composed portrait (photog maybe a noob just trying to hard, or thoughtless)

could go On and On

SnapShot = A very vague statement
SnapShot = A comment on its own that is unhelpful
SnapShot = A comment with following comments, statements and discussion that can be very helpful and useful.

I guess my point is this;

A SnapShot can be a Good or Bad thing, depending on the situation.
Therefor a comment of "Its a SnapShot" is not that helpful as that could be a good thing or bad thing.

In my opinion, the OP has the right point.
Give more info, whether its pointers to make something better, or just why you think a photo is not at its best.

I have seen some pros post Snapshots here at TPF, and they were awsome.
Not all Snapshots are bad.

Just My Noob (beer infested) Opinion.

ha - you son is not trying hard enough - like dogs if it exists then the mind and fingers of a child can work out in the end how to dismantle it (or destroy it)
just give it time!

I think the place of the snapshot in Photography was covered in this thread:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120755

'Snapshot' should therefore not be taken as a derogatory term. Instead you should translate it as 'photograph'.
So when someone comments on some images 'those are just snapshots' what they are really saying is 'those are just pictures'.
It might not say anything useful about the images but it speaks volumes about the poster.
Pointing out the bleedin' obvious is a common trait of a person who habitually talks out of their bottom.

I think over the last couple of months this forum is being run amuck with PC. People posting (IMO) need to grow a thicker layer of skin and in a few cases, grow a set. All this recent BS of needing a proper critique forum, mentoring, why don't I get comments is just horse$hit. I am certainly in agreement that a proper critique forum is in order, but until that time, we have what we have.

Face it. Some people will like your work. Some will not. Some will offer positive comments. Some will not. Some will be willing to carry on a dialougue on how to improve. Some will not. All this whinning is driving me crazy. Post a picture and face the firing squad. If you disagree with the responses, then be gracious that that person took the time to comment. (Albeit, some of those that comment can be thouroughly and summarily dismissed).

If it's a snapshot, then it's a snapshot. Print it and put it in your photo album of memories. Lots of times that is exactly what it is. A moment of time in your life. Be happy that you had a camera to capture that moment.

yes yes yes yes!

Even Picasso felt Vassilly Kandinsky's work wasn't art because it didn't have any physical basis to its expressionism.

Why do you have a picture of a 12 year old boy as your av?

Obviously.

:biglaugh:

And I'm sure that was obvious!

:biglaugh:

When will the fun stop???

--Obviously never...

:lmao:

*mumble, grumble*
wise @##*.........................

wait as sec did I just

So you don't think some of the people on this board get a tiny bit of a kick out of going Simon Cowell on someone who posts their photos?.

I think that some whiners need to realize that in the real world of serious enthusiast photography and even more so in the professional world, Simon Cowell is the ONLY approach.

Get real!!!

skieur

"the real world of serious enthusiast photography "

I once had a salesman that said he had to go out and couldn't do lunch with the office guys....his reason?

The "fast paced life of concrete sales." yeah. right.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Wait - if I ever go pro I have to sing? like a musical?
that might have undesriable side effects (shattered glass to name one)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back