I just offered to do a wedding for free...

tough one! i have done a few for free and it did get me some material to start with as well as making taking SOME of the stress out. It will and should to some extent be a stress based event though. You just need to learn to feed off that stress productively! But taking free booking ages it advance might be worth double thinking! See if you can't get a free one sooner is what i would suggest! why do a free one next year in the middle of a time that you could be earning from weddings with a portfolio you built sooner??

Heh....just incase others jumping in now didn't notice..This was a thread from a year ago that was for some reason, maybe just to make me want to hide in a hole.... ressurected, lol. Check page 4. =)

I would recommend that you try to upgrade your glass before doing this event. Only your 50mm is really up to par. Get you a fixed aperture zoom like a sigma 70-200 f2.8 apo or if you have money the nikon version. A better midrange would be good too. But for weddings you will use the zoom a lot. Long run you will need to do this anyway.

On a side note, never agree to do free jobs for people you dont know. They may be paying a crap dj $500 to play the wedding and get you for free. Thats not fair to you but you agreed to $0. You probably could have got at least $500 easy. That is actually dirt cheap for wedding photography. And set a time limit regardless.

Heh....just incase others jumping in now didn't notice..This was a thread from a year ago that was for some reason, maybe just to make me want to hide in a hole.... ressurected, lol. Check page 4. =)

Soooo.... what have you learned in the last year? You had good stuff before, and I (for one) would love to see what you've been up to.;)

Zombie thread kitty for Aayria.

zombiethread.png

Most reactions

Back