I kind of find them disrespectful

I have always hated people who litter. At Plymouth Rock 1 day, a guy sitting in his car just threw the Mc D bag right out the window next to his car! Slobs!!! I went over and said something and he disregarded me, so when I went and started writing his license plate # he picked it up and drove away. Yes I am sure he dumped somewhere else not appropriate.
And don't get me started on 'fake' fishermen who leave all their trash and rotting bait on pristine shorelines!!
Nancy

Trash on the ground can be cleaned but my biggest gripe is when people throw things in lakes, ponds, oceans etc. Things that may contaminate over time. It is bad enough with oil spills we don't need to add to it.

few more pics...

This is me, acting like a normal tourist, hiding my purse and a waffle with strawberries behind that "thinking guy" ;)

This pict was actually taken by a photographer who lives in Brussels and guess what... I met him here, on TPF :) I contacted him when I went to Brussels, we met in person and he showed me some of Brussels that night.

brussels_090414_0677-Large-610x405.jpg

And then, I climbed up stairs and I was disappointed seeing them there.

brussels_090414_0684-Small.jpg

Those doors were majestic, enormous!... then I saw trash... at least they put them in proper place...

brussels_100414_0434-Large-610x405.jpg

The day after...

brussels_100414_0214-Large-610x405.jpg

Since I am past 30 I can now say this: "Kids these days!"

Truth be told I wasn't always respectful of people and property, so I can't throw too many stones.

Yeah, I was always the kind of person who would not only throw away her own garbage, but if I saw someone litter, I'd pick up THAT person's garbage, too (while calling them bad names, natch.)

I was always good in school, but I did also smoke pot, drink alcohol on numerous different places etc. However, I didn't make mess.

This wasn't about generalization of youth drinking, smoking pot, it was about being decent at least!

Leonore, pretty much said what I think also

Bong tokes Hmm and plenty of junk food for the munchies.:mrgreen:

... And don't get me started on 'fake' fishermen who leave all their trash and rotting bait on pristine shorelines!!

Trash on the ground can be cleaned but my biggest gripe is when people throw things in lakes, ponds, oceans etc. Things that may contaminate over time. It is bad enough with oil spills we don't need to add to it.

In the place I live, we have 5 rivers (three small) that are drinkable trough all their flow (pretty sure that's not the proper way of saying it but you understand). When I go to shoot some nature I get pissed of by the trash all over the place! It really hurts me how some people can be like that! When I'm composing the shot it looks like cleaning-composing-cleaning a bit more-composing. Some shots I can't even take because of the garbage there, and no matter how many times those rivers are cleaned there are always someone to toss something!

Off topic but It just crossed my mind, you and the rest of you who like to shoot birds, would be in heaven here. We have registered 161 bird species and 40 more that will be registered, some of them are pretty rare. They like rivers, climate and differences in altitude...ok... just had to mention ;)

Wait what? They're smoking pot inside a courthouse or other legal system building?

Wait what? They're smoking pot inside a courthouse or other legal system building?
yes.
the part we were in is the lobby. That part was open for visits, but when you get inside you see all the doors closed. It was about 10pm as I recall.
I was told that the building is functional and their working hours are 9 am-7 pm

Last edited:
I can't imagine anyone being able to hang out and smoke pot in any building and not have security or passersby calling the police... I mean, you can smell it, and they're sitting out in the open, not hard to figure out what they're doing! This is a new one on me. Guess it's acceptable there, this seems pretty blatant.

I suppose some of us pick up after ourselves and throw our trash in a garbage can and some people don't; hard for those of us that do to understand why people think it's OK to leave trash wherever it lands...

Pictures would be really nice if it weren't for them and their trash (well, they're good as far as documentary photos but probably not what you want if you're into photographing architecture).

pictures were instantly meant to be documentary, because of them and lighting. I couldn't make to get there during the day even though the Palace was just few minutes walk from my hotel. By the time my workshop was done the light wasn't there anymore

Most reactions

New Topics

Back