I kind of find them disrespectful

Yeah, I was always the kind of person who would not only throw away her own garbage, but if I saw someone litter, I'd pick up THAT person's garbage, too (while calling them bad names, natch.)

Nerd!

;)

Yeah, I was always the kind of person who would not only throw away her own garbage, but if I saw someone litter, I'd pick up THAT person's garbage, too (while calling them bad names, natch.)

Nerd!

;)

Hey, I'm the first one to admit that I was! :geek: I was even in the yearbook club.

Hey, I'm the first one to admit that I was! :geek: I was even in the yearbook club.

I don't even think I was in the year book.

Great shot, great architecture, stupid kids, Leonore's a nerd, Runnah's a vampire, and Snowbear recycles his aluminum cans into noisemakers in his truck. And I'm batsh*t crazy, so it's all good.

It always bugged me that I couldn't edit typos in my title, mostly because I get really bothered at my own mistakes and if I can't fix it, I become obsessed! :)

The people not showing respect to the building would annoy me as well, though it might be less about the architecture itself for me. It's as much about the actual building as it is for the function of the building and those who work there. For example, even if I don't follow a religion or even have serious problems with some of the traditions, I should still behave well in a church or a mosque or a synagogue out of respect for the people who do believe and respect the function and the building.

I agree. The kids around here seem to want to leave their mark on everything.

If you want to edit your titles just go to "Go Advanced" in edit and do it there.

I think the same way. I See people all the time through trash out car windows and sometime parked within 10ft of a trash can. I call these people Scum Bags. A place I go fishing I just visited last weekend for some photos and somebody thrown a shopping carriage over the seawall down in the water. The tied was low to see this bright orange carriage. This makes me hate people like this.

Nice shot beautiful building but for how long with litter bugs, next will be graffiti.

Last edited:
Now consider if "Justice" in Brussels is just a farce and these people are making a statement by their actions to show that they respect this edifice in the same regard as this representation is presenting itself to the people.

Do not always assume that your picture of the world is the same point of view as others in a different country/culture/society.

... devils advocate.

Now consider if "Justice" in Brussels is just a farce and these people are making a statement by their actions to show that they respect this edifice in the same regard as this representation is presenting itself to the people.

Do not always assume that your picture of the world is the same point of view as others in a different country/culture/society.

... devils advocate.

Fair enough, they're angry and they're protesting. But there are ways to protest without being disrespectful to the building itself and the public space, to the person who designed the building and all those who worked their asses off to build it and make it beautiful, and also to the people who work there and DO believe in that iteration of "justice." Or who work there just because it's a job, like the cleaning staff who already have a big job and now it's even bigger because some jagoffs want to 'protest' by throwing their empties and roaches away on the floor of the building. It's the same as the religious building idea: I might hate the idea that as a woman, I have to cover my head because I'm inherently shameful and it's my burden to not 'excite' men into raping me, and that I would only be able to pray in the back of a mosque, but if I'm actually IN a mosque, I'm going to show respect for people who take their faith seriously by not being an arseh0le.

What I find disrespectful here is that they smoke pot and drink and leave all the mess in this kind of building!
I tend to find generalizations are disrespectful. The actions of one individual or small group is not necessarily a typical example of all that have a similar disposition. Your disdain is not representative of all those that are participants in these specific activities. Your assessment only describes character flaws in certain individuals, not all those that are engaged in such. Many of these 'types' are quite cognizant of public / private spaces and well aware of the concept of leaving no footprint. I have had the pleasures and the pains associated with both firing up and guzzling down. Although I wholeheartedly agree that people who are guilty of such offenses should be thrashed within an inch of their lives, it is senseless to stir them all with the same spoon.

I, and those of the same ilk, will definitely take out our own trash.

Dig the photo. :thumbsup:

At one time smoking cigarettes and drinking in public was socially acceptable ... and I do recall seeing cigarette butts everywhere (before the whole smoking is unhealthy era), not to mention the butt burn marks on everything.

OP said they were smoking pot and drinking inside the building and leaving their trash. It's not about smoking cigarettes or drinking in outdoor public places. At least I was never talking about that.

And no, not all drinkers and pot smokers are disrespectful, but the ones who go into a public building and leave their trash there certainly are.

I don't think this is a pot thing or even a modern thing. What's the joke about the reason they built the Coliseum round so that no one would pi$$ in the corners.

Folks, there is disrespect enough to go around. The same people who disrespect this building also show disrespect for society in general, and they show it outside on the street, in any other building, in schoolrooms, places of worship, and everywhere.

Nice shot! Looks like a beautiful place.

I think Shaw's quote applies here: "Youth is wasted on the young." The older I get, the more true it is! :)

Most reactions

Back