squirrels

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.:mrgreen:

tacostand

Please C&C to tell me how to do weird stuff better. Or "hot or not hot".:lol:

I was a little vexed by the shadows on the taco stand.

Hey Squirrels,

I'm really enjoying your abstracts.

To my view, the taco stand seems to fit in reasonably well with the colors of the image but is just too "present" for the surrounding blurriness. At least, that was my initial reaction to it. That doesn't bug me as much as I look at it more.

A taco does sound good right now....

Desi

I would like the image a lot more without the taco joint. It seems very out of place and makes me frustrated looking at it. Like my mind knows it doesn't belong.

Take it out, and it's a great piece.

Maybe there's no way to make it work. I give you a barren tacoless wasteland.

I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.:mrgreen:

tacostand

Please C&C to tell me how to do weird stuff better. Or "hot or not hot".:lol:

I was a little vexed by the shadows on the taco stand.

:scratch:

Is that a "what the heck?" a "why the heck" or both? ;)

It's my favorite taco place, in the bizarro middle of nowhere, because..... um.... art? :no smile: :lmao:

Lately when I have a shot like this bizarro world middle of nowhere scene I've been getting a kick out of anchoring it with something a commonplace. Part of me really loves the unashamed out of placeness of the added object. Another part of me feels like it needs to be less jarring or not there at all. I feel like there might be a middle ground if I can make it "fit" better. So I've been toying with that, and it looks like this was another swing and a miss.

Last edited:
If I could give you those 15 seconds of your life back, I would!:biglaugh:

Thanks Tiller! I think I can learn to love it this way.

Even though some tiny part of me misses the hint of chorizo about it.

I hope you don't mind, I took a stab at an edit... ;)

$tacos.jpg

The plain is really cool, I have to agree that something about the taco stand just wasn't working for me.

I really love all of your abstract stuff, I want to hang all of them up in my apt, I wish I could take those shots.

Ah! That warms my little heart!

Squirrels. I would have to agree that the stand just "stands" out a little too much in the original. What if you used a graduated filter on just the taco stand to darken it up from bottom to top? I'm suggesting that wondering if it would help it blend in a little better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back