I like it...he doesn't...

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I liked the way this one turned out. I was going for a more story telling type of picture, and this one seemed to do it best at the end of the afternoon. My designer and partner in crime husband said nope. Any one else care to weigh in??

Thanks...
1393850216_49f60f3f07.jpg

hey shooter. I like this shot, but I would like it better straightened and cropped.

hope you don't mind, but I was thinking something like this:
original.jpg

I like it... would be great if the Garden Gnome said "Gnome Sweet Gnome" but that's ok :D

I like it better edited to (thanks TC). How did you straighten it? I took many shots of the front door, then i got my wide angle out to try it that way. There was something about the angle of the house and the shot that i just couldn't get it to line up. I had so many good ones that were even more crooked than this one, if I'd only known...

Ok, I got my husband to show me how to make it straight. I did a little bit more of a crop because i wanted the light out, it felt off balance to me. Was it too much?
1394428746_da39ce9ce2.jpg

I like it better edited to. How did you straighten it? I took many shots of the front door, then i got my wide angle out to try it that way. There was something about the angle of the house and the shot that i just couldn't get it to line up. I had so many good ones that were even more crooked than this one, if I'd only known...

Are you using PS? If so, Go to Image- Rotate Canvas- Arbitrary. You might have to try a couple times. After that crop it.

I used PaintShop Pro. It has a Straightening tool.

sorry shooter, I think we posted at the same time. You figured it out before I posted.

What you did looks great.

sorry shooter, I think we posted at the same time. You figured it out before I posted.

What you did looks great.

Thanks for letting me in on the secret anyway, and for the compliment. I use CS3. My husband just brought me Light box though. I know their both from Adobe, but when i asked him what i should be using he said he really didn't know what the difference was. He uses the CS3 to build websites so all of the applications that i would use to process an image he has no knowledge of. Any suggestions as to which one would be more appropriate?

Thanks for letting me in on the secret anyway, and for the compliment. I use CS3. My husband just brought me Light box though. I know their both from Adobe, but when i asked him what i should be using he said he really didn't know what the difference was. He uses the CS3 to build websites so all of the applications that i would use to process an image he has no knowledge of. Any suggestions as to which one would be more appropriate?

Well, I'm not sure I know what Light Box is, but maybe you mean Light Room?
Light Room is basically a Workflow management tool that allows you to organize and make many adjustments to your photos. It's probably the best way to make quick adjustments to a lot of photos. I use it some for RAW, but sometimes I think too many adjustments can be bad. I personally like the software that came with my camera as the begining point of my workflow.
LR is a nice compliment to PS. However, PS gives you the ability to make more extreme edits and changes to your photos. If I had to choose, I would take PS over LR so I can have complete control over my images.

With all that said, I really like Paintshop Pro. Maybe it's just becasue I have used it more than PS.

Well, I'm not sure I know what Light Box is, but maybe you mean Light Room?

Umm, yeah that too.

Thats what i meant. I usually don't have a lot of photos to work on at once, as i shoot 80 pictures and get two that i'll keep. Thats one of the reasons i went digital in the first place, all that wasted film.
I do usually have to work on my photos quite a bit to get them to where i want them. Although i am working hard towards getting correct exposures right out of the camera I'm not there yet. Maybe I'll just hold off installing LR until i have a heavier work flow. The goal is to get better so i have to assume that it will eventually happen.:er:

It's a great tool. Doesn't hurt to learn it. Especially if you already own it.
The best thing about digital is you can take hundreds of photos and even if just one turns out you're a happy camper. Once you get better tho, I think you'll find yourself taking a lot less, of course it depends on what your photographing.

... as i shoot 80 pictures and get two that i'll keep. Thats one of the reasons i went digital in the first place, all that wasted film.
Although i am working hard towards getting correct exposures right out of the camera I'm not there yet. The goal is to get better so i have to assume that it will eventually happen.:er:

That's where I'm at Shooter, I want to get to the point that PP is a slight enhancement only. I work in front of a monitor all friggin' day and the last thing I want to do is stare at it longer to get my photos "right". Your percentages are better than mine BTW.

That's where I'm at Shooter, I want to get to the point that PP is a slight enhancement only. I work in front of a monitor all friggin' day and the last thing I want to do is stare at it longer to get my photos "right". Your percentages are better than mine BTW.

C'mon, you haven' posted very many photos that i can find, so i can't agree that i am at a better percentage rate. However, I am of the mindset that the key to taking good photos is taking alot of photos. I hope i don't offend the masses in saying so; but that is how I have managed over the last 15 years.

Most reactions

Back