can you please tell me in detail how you did #1 as i have tried this with my husbands ute and i just cant seem to get it right.
Welll...I don't have my camera with me...so i cant remember the exact settings but here is what i remember
First you have to have a remote for your camera (or should) Makes it WAY easier and a tripod of course, making it easier was parking the cars setting up the camera, and then shining the flashlight to get my camera to auto focus (you could manually focus it if you like) then switch the camera to Manual mode, my camera shutter can be open for an unlimited amount of time (at least I have kept it open for 2-3 min) as long as I am in the Manual mode and using BULB(i use the remote that i talked about earlier to open<paint the cars with a flashlight>close the shutter) now for the ISO and apeture it depends on the light you are using and the situation i messed around alot with the settings but i think for this one the ISO was set very very low (I noticed that this kept longer exposures from becoming noisey and over exposed)
Like i say I am not at home so I dont have my camera in front of me, but you get the jist, i think the thing that helped alot was we went into the middle of no where (so that we could have a longer exposure) and we were able to mess alot with the flashlights, i think that its really about just tyring different things out!
The best thing i can tell you about what lights to use is several, we had alot of diff ones, led colored just regular, when "painting" the cars we literally painted them, its a little hard to tell when you arent there, but when you try it out you will get what i mean

we are going out this weekend to try again. I think that maybe ill take a video to explain LOL
I am NO Professional! So other people probably know alot more than me...but that is what we did!