I love Sony!

So Seefutlung... would you say the Sony is well below the D40 in professional features and well below the Rebel in build quality? ;) Consider the sector the A100 is aiming for...
Sony is however coming out with a more advanced model that is designed to compete with the D200 or 30D, and a further professional-grade model. If they can live up to the standard set by the old Dynax 7 and 9 among Minolta's other higher-end cameras then they will be very impressive... the problem of course being that you can't buy them yet :)

As the OP stated "professional digital SLR", my comparisons and statements were directed at professional cameras. The cameras you mentioned are not considered professional cameras. Nikon pro level cameras start with the D200 while Canon's are all designated by a 1D label.

A big question here. What's the difference between an enthusiast and professional camera? I'm just wondering what the key difference is between two said lines of cameras.

I shoot with an E-500. It's a prosumer level camera, but not a pro camera. I mean is there anything different in the construction between a prosumer / enthusiast and a pro body? I'd just like some definitions of "pro" features that make a pro body a pro body.

Just go to a store that sells a D2x and a D40 and hold them side-by-side and you will see the difference.

Wow! Some great information. Thanks! You all are great.

As the OP stated "professional digital SLR", my comparisons and statements were directed at professional cameras. The cameras you mentioned are not considered professional cameras.

True but what the OP asked was if and when Sony was coming out with a professional dSLR, not how professional the A100 or any Canon or Nikon was, so tbh both of us missed the point there since far as I can tell we were responding to subsequent posts... answer to the original question being A) Yes, and B) No idea when ;)

I don't you all got off topic at all. You just expanded on my question and I thank you.

There is some very valuable info on this forum and I'm glad that I stumbled across it. :hug::

BTW I haven't been there for a while, but dyxum.com is the place for all things digital involving the Minolta mount, so if anyone has either inside info or mad speculation you will probably find it there. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back