mdontiknowyou
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2014
- Messages
- 23
- Reaction score
- 2
- Location
- United States
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
- Thread Starter 🔹
- #16
I find it amazing how well things are lined up in #5.
It is amazing!
I find it amazing how well things are lined up in #5.
Posting a lot of pictures means that you get very general scattershot comment that aren't really useful.
These are decently exposed and focused - but your camera is doing that.
Posting one or two pictures means that people will actually get down to comment on the nitty gritty of the picture, things you do, and you'll actually benefit from the comments.
This is so right.
These are essentially snapshots with little real attempt at composition or framing.
Telling us these aren't edited is not a positive thing. Unless you have an editing question, post what you think is a final version so you will learn from anything you hear.
I will post less photos next time...maybe 1 at a time. I don't think they are too bad considering that they were taken with a rebel xsi with 18-55mm lens. I know its not all about the cam...but you know that a cam like the 5D mark III will make it look much prettier/eyecatching if you know what I mean..
Anyway...I do take my time when I photograph and about #10 I couldn't stop...
and these aren't all "snapshots" I took a lot of time on some of these...maybe I need to shoot more and learn. It'll make me more creative and help with my vision.
Im sure that editing would help. I dont have a computer...I use my jobs computer to upload everything.
I want to first welcome you to the forum.
I, secondly, want to apologize for the tougher criticisms. I am pretty new to DSLR photography myself and I know how tough they've been on me on a few of my shots. Unfortunately, it seems like sometimes they forget that taking pictures is not exactly what you set out to do for the day, but then something catches your eye. Or perhaps you're still learning, so constantly shooting, even if something isn't overly 'interesting'.
I personally think there should be a separate area for 'aspiring professional critiques' on the forums. The feedback that is given isn't 'bad' its just...harsh when you're still learning the ropes.
Also, I like 1 and 10 personally, though both are a touch dark in areas on my screen.
Or perhaps you're still learning, so constantly shooting, even if something isn't overly 'interesting'.
#1 looks a little bit under-exposed, maybe if the rollercoaster passed through your frame it would have made it a little more interesting. #3 looks a little bit cold, maybe try using your "cloudy" or "shade" white balance to warm it up a little of if you use lightroom some minor modifying on the white balance. #4 is pretty cool, #5 is really cool, reminds me of downtown Los Angeles from Griffith Observatory at night. The little girl in #6 is way too cute. #7, #8, #9 and #10 seem a bit under-exposed to me. I think the best one could be #9 with some minor editing in lightroom.
Or perhaps you're still learning, so constantly shooting, even if something isn't overly 'interesting'.
But what makes for good photography IS interesting subjects.
The basic tech issues like focus, and exposure, are easy to quickly see, and self critique.
Beyond a well exposed, sharply focused image, is content!
Conversely, a poorly focused, over/under exposed image can be quite successful because of its content!
What should be the primary focus of practice, is how to look at everything and find a way to make it interesting. You'll learn technique while you do that.
As the photos are now, I would not say any of these are "wall hangers" so to speak.
However its a good start.
OP- Trust me, 2 years from now, you will have much better work.