I need some feed back on some of my photographs.

mdontiknowyou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please any feedback would be great, I own a Rebel XSI with the 18-55mm IS lens. I am looking into buying better lens soon, my favorite things to shoot are flowers. I am looking to purchase a new cam and new lense but that wont be anytime soon ;/ anyyyway here are some of my photographs...all feed back will be appreciated. Thanks. None of the photos are edited FYI. :mrgreen:

$IMG_2179.JPG

$IMG_3872.JPG

$IMG_2755.JPG

$IMG_4767.JPG

$IMG_4920.JPG

$IMG_4494.JPG

$IMG_1254.JPG

#8 I used my friends lens for this one (telephoto)
$IMG_3256.JPG

#9 (moving vehicle)
$IMG_5944.JPG

#10 (moving vehicle)
$IMG_6210.JPG

That's a lot of images for which to provide feedback; too many to comment on individually, but in general, they seem focused, decently exposed, and not overly exciting. What I find helps greatly in improving one's work is to critique your own images and include it in the post.

I like them. I'd say #8 is my favorite.

That's a lot of images for which to provide feedback; too many to comment on individually, but in general, they seem focused, decently exposed, and not overly exciting. What I find helps greatly in improving one's work is to critique your own images and include it in the post.
Yeah I thought it was a lot, that's why I numbered them so you can pick one and give me feed back on it, sorry I should've specified.

Thanks for the feed back!

I find it amazing how well things are lined up in #5.

They are all not to bad.

But nothing spectacular.

I really like #10. I would use it as a wallpaper!

My impression from this set is that you are hoping for a picture to come to you rather than actively looking for it. If you know what I mean. You have a camera with you, see something that you like, point and shoot. Photography does not work like that.

All your shots are way too casual. No 10 is the most promising in my view. Potentially, with a better exposure and composition it is a very compelling image. But why on earth shooting it from a moving vehicle?? Why not stop, think a bit and take a proper photo? If you do not care about doing these simple things properly, why do you think people would care looking at your shots and giving a proper c&c ?

Last edited:
That's a lot of images for which to provide feedback; too many to comment on individually,
Yeah I thought it was a lot, that's why I numbered them so you can pick one and give me feed back on it, sorry I should've specified.

Posting a lot of pictures means that you get very general scattershot comment that aren't really useful.
These are decently exposed and focused - but your camera is doing that.
Posting one or two pictures means that people will actually get down to comment on the nitty gritty of the picture, things you do, and you'll actually benefit from the comments.

My impression from this set is that you are hoping for a picture to come to you rather than actively looking for it. If you know what I mean. You have a camera with you, see something that you like, point and shoot. Photography does not work like that.

This is so right.
These are essentially snapshots with little real attempt at composition or framing.

Telling us these aren't edited is not a positive thing. Unless you have an editing question, post what you think is a final version so you will learn from anything you hear.

As the photos are now, I would not say any of these are "wall hangers" so to speak.

However its a good start.

OP- Trust me, 2 years from now, you will have much better work.

Last edited:

All your shots are way too casual. No 10 is the most promising in my view. Potentially, with a better exposure and composition it is a very compelling image. But why on earth shooting it from a moving vehicle?? Why not stop, think a bit and take a proper photo? If you do not care about doing these simple things properly, why do you think people would care looking at your shots and giving a proper c&c ?

Thanks for the feed back/advice. It is appreciated.

That's a lot of images for which to provide feedback; too many to comment on individually,

Posting a lot of pictures means that you get very general scattershot comment that aren't really useful.
Posting one or two pictures means that people will actually get down to comment on the nitty gritty of the picture, things you do, and you'll actually benefit from the comments.

This is so right.
These are essentially snapshots with little real attempt at composition or framing.

Telling us these aren't edited is not a positive thing. Unless you have an editing question, post what you think is a final version so you will learn from anything you hear.

I will post less photos next time...maybe 1 at a time. I don't think they are too bad considering that they were taken with a rebel xsi with 18-55mm lens. I know its not all about the cam...but you know that a cam like the 5D mark III will make it look much prettier/eyecatching if you know what I mean..
Anyway...I do take my time when I photograph and about #10 I couldn't stop...
and these aren't all "snapshots" I took a lot of time on some of these...maybe I need to shoot more and learn. It'll make me more creative and help with my vision.
Im sure that editing would help. I dont have a computer...I use my jobs computer to upload everything.

This is so right.

I will post less photos next time...maybe 1 at a time. I don't think they are too bad considering that they were taken with a rebel xsi with 18-55mm lens. I know its not all about the cam...but you know that a cam like the 5D mark III will make it look much prettier/eyecatching if you know what I mean..
Anyway...I do take my time when I photograph and about #10 I couldn't stop...
and these aren't all "snapshots" I took a lot of time on some of these...maybe I need to shoot more and learn. It'll make me more creative and help with my vision.
Im sure that editing would help. I dont have a computer...I use my jobs computer to upload everything.

I want to first welcome you to the forum.

I, secondly, want to apologize for the tougher criticisms. I am pretty new to DSLR photography myself and I know how tough they've been on me on a few of my shots. Unfortunately, it seems like sometimes they forget that taking pictures is not exactly what you set out to do for the day, but then something catches your eye. Or perhaps you're still learning, so constantly shooting, even if something isn't overly 'interesting'.

I personally think there should be a separate area for 'aspiring professional critiques' on the forums. The feedback that is given isn't 'bad' its just...harsh when you're still learning the ropes.

Also, I like 1 and 10 personally, though both are a touch dark in areas on my screen.

I love #10 unfortunately I couldn't stop...:/
Photography is about shooting whatever you want/see and thats what I did. Maybe they are casual looking....but I did take my time with almost all of them...I think I need to shoot more and get some decent lenses...I think that will help with my vision/creativeness.

Anyway thanks for the feed back. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back