I need to mention this

jhodges10 said:
I had just looked at your "abstract leaves" before reading the start of this thread and thought "PixelRabbit jut set it off!". :)

Lol! I started the flowers thread too :blush: I read the OP and went oooops! My noob is showing! This has me written alllll over it lol bet I don't do it again though ;)

jhodges10 said:
I had just looked at your "abstract leaves" before reading the start of this thread and thought "PixelRabbit jut set it off!". :)

Lol! I started the flowers thread too :blush: I read the OP and went oooops! My noob is showing! This has me written alllll over it lol bet I don't do it again though ;)

In all honesty, I suppose you were the last thread I had looked at yesterday, but you're not the only one to post something as abstract that really was not, so don't take it personally. I wasn't trying to single anyone out, I was just trying to point out the difference. :D

......., so I guess thats why it bugs me a bit; not enough to make a big deal out of it, I just had to get it off my chest. :D

I feel the same way about 'raw'. It's not RAW. Capitalizing it means it's an acronym for something (Like JPG or TIF). You don't buy RAW meat at the store, do you?

Good point. I had never thought about that...I will now, thank you! :lol:

All good Carol :)
I had just added a book on art to my wish list before I read this thread so it was a wee kick in the pants saying I need to educate myself in that area so good timing! ;)

I've found that people really don't care for very abstract photography. people like holding onto objective subject. There is a but "what is it" kind of mentality.

6869112522_14dea2fe85_b.jpg

But i don't think abstract art needs to be a "true abstraction" either. I think if a photograph is conceptually representative, it can also be abstract. This is an abstract image, but nobody doubts what it objectively is:

6347975519_0a8439167d_b.jpg

However, what it objectively is, is not the subject. The subject is line, as abstracted from tire marks. I think when we talk about "abstract" I don't think the subject needs to be hidden, in fact, the definition of abstract according to the Oxford English Dictionary is that which "Exist in thought without physical or concrete existance[...]", while tire marks exist, the subject is an idea.

Last edited:
I'm finding that also, the shots that I have posted that are abstract (not impressionistic lol) aren't received well anywhere but they still twirl my beanie!

I'm finding that also, the shots that I have posted that are abstract (not impressionistic lol) aren't received well anywhere but they still twirl my beanie!

Unless it's your bread and butter, at the end of the day, that's really all that matters ;)

Most reactions

Back