I need your help!

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am taking a course called "Academic Writing". For the next four weeks, I will compare and contrast something of my own choice. What I write about matters less than how I write it. More specifically, I wanted to write a about how analog and digital photography differ, what they have in common and whether analog photography still have merit to the average Joe.

Now, the challenge is that statements I make must be backed up; I need evidence to prove my points. If I were to write: "Whereas much of digital photography's attraction lies in its instant results, much of analog photography's attraction lies in the exact opposite.", I would need some source to back up the statement. I can't just say it and not back it up - that would imply it's only my own opinion. My opinion on the matter is worthless by itself, I need to write objectively and persuasive by showing that authorities think this as well. I want to show that analog photography still have merit, but since this isn't a blog post, I need to back up statements to show that what I'm writing actually is true.

That said, what I wanted some help with is finding sources. This is a photography forum, with both analog and digital users, do some of you have links to articles, essays, news paper reports/interviews or any other material that is believable and that can be fully cited?

Thank you in advance,
Anders

You need to pick better topics. Try something that will get your professors attention.

My suggestions

The color blue vs. red
Real boobs vs. fake
A horse vs. a log

You could interview one or more local professional photographers as well. You should write your questions beforehand, to stay on topic.

Most reactions

Back