I ordered the Canon 7D from Amazon... did anyone else?

KnightShot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I placed my order on 9/20, but Amazon hasn'[t updated me with any expectations. It was pre-ordered status and I'm still waiting...

...anyone else in my shoes?

I've heard of one person who ordered the day it was released from Amazon who's gotten it. I ordered 9/22 and haven't heard a thing except today when Amazon thanked me for my recent order of a 7D, hoped I was enjoying it, and there were several accessories they wanted to sell me that would enhance my new purchase.

For an update, I was contacted on Monday (10/12) from Amazon saying that they estimated delivery now for October 30 to November 9. Then I got an e-mail the next day (10/13) saying they were deeply sorry for the delay and that they had updated my order to overnight shipping for free (since I had down-graded to 2nd day which is free with Amazon Prime because I no longer need it for an upcoming shoot).

How much did you pay for your 7D?

B&H Photo has just posted a deal on their Canon 7D. It's now only US$1699.95 (body only)! Here's the direct link to Canon 7D in B&H Photo.

Amazon has it at US$1916.

How much did you pay for your 7D?

B&H Photo has just posted a deal on their Canon 7D. It's now only US$1699.95 (body only)! Here's the direct link to Canon 7D in B&H Photo.

Amazon has it at US$1916.

This is actually a little interesting. As of about 2 weeks ago through when the camera was released, I had checked 4 sellers. All of them were within 4¢ of $1699.99 (some being $1699.95) USD. These were Adorama, Amazon, B&H, and Best Buy.

I just checked tonight after seeing your reply, and Amazon and Best Buy have jumped up by $200. And Amazon is now selling through "Pavilion Electronics" instead of listing the camera as just through them. I'm guessing that the honeymoon of a month and a half of the original MSRP is now over.

However, when I placed my order with Amazon, it was for the same price as everyone else (though the extra 4¢), and I selected them because of the much cheaper shipping, which at the moment due to the delay is overnight for free for me. And I just got an e-mail yesterday saying that the delivery estimate has moved up from Oct. 30 - Nov. 9 to Oct. 23 - Oct. 26, and I just checked my order status and it says, "Shipping Soon: We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." I'm hoping that means they're packing it up and shipping it out today and it'll be here tomorrow ... of course, just after my parents leave town.

I ordered mine from Best Buy last week. They got one in yesterday but some douche bag rep sold it to someone else. (I'm trading my 50D that I bought just less than 2 weeks before I ordered the 7D, so they ordered it for me.) My wonderful wife lit them up one side and down the other for selling it to someone else, so they drove across the county to get another one while she waited.

When it got there, some other Hindu douche bad started trying to grab it from my wife. She said he tried to get the clerk to sell it to him instead of "some girl". Ef'n punk's lucky I wasn't there. Of course, he probably wouldnt' have done that if I were.

Anyway, I got mine! :p

Most reactions

Back