i quite like these..... do you? c+c if you could be bothered :)

rhinoryan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i woke up to this storm last night so i went out to my balcony to get some sleepy shots..... i didn't realise i had it on iso 1600!!! :banghead:

IMG_9865.jpg

then i couldn't get back to sleep so i went for a walk along the beach and took these..... c+c would be great as i'm a beginner and usually take surfing shots.

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9918.jpg

IMG_9922.jpg

thanks for taking the time to look at my pics :D

:thumbup:Wow Nice:thumbup:
Dude they are awesome

i like the pictures, i feel like theres just an element thats distracting in each picture. :/. For example the bush in the third pic, or the light in the first pic.

i like the pictures, i feel like theres just an element thats distracting in each picture. :/. For example the bush in the third pic, or the light in the first pic.

The green light in pic 1 I agree but I like the schrub picture
I just noticed something what are them pink spots on the last pic? LOL I really did not notice it at first but now I do

Either way I still like them

The green light in pic 1 I agree but I like the schrub picture
I just noticed something what are them pink spots on the last pic? LOL I really did not notice it at first but now I do

Either way I still like them

in the third pic there is a massive rock that is light up with colourfull lights behind me..... thats where the pink is coming from.

the light in the first one i couldnt hide from as it was raining and my balcony is not very wide... thanks for your comments!

@ Rhinoryan

the pic 3 seems to have a couple problems with it, a smaller aperture would help, and did you use a flash or was that a road-side light? I just feel like the attention is in the foreground, which it shouldnt.

@ Rhinoryan

the pic 3 seems to have a couple problems with it, a smaller aperture would help, and did you use a flash or was that a road-side light? I just feel like the attention is in the foreground, which it shouldnt.

hmmmm....... i actually wanted the attention in the foregound and the light source is coming from a surfclub that is built on top of this rock, its a very impressive place actually, when the swell is big the waves wrap completely around the surfclub and knowone can get in or out...

but i will try what you said and see how it turns out... :thumbup:

also, i dont have photoshop or anything like that..... was wondering if someone would like to edit 1 or all of these to show me what is possible? i know its a bit of an ask but it would be good for me to see.
that, and i'll give you 20 internet credits ;)

i'm also looking into some off camera flash work.... i dont have a flash or anything like that and was thinking about getting 2 and also need advice on slaves etc..... i'm a newbie so i'm trying to do this on the tightest possible budget

was also thinking is there waterproof flashes? i've been thinking it would be great to get a mate to swim out with a flash on dusk at my local beach and try getting some shots of my mates surfing while i'm on the beach with my telephoto...... or would a waterproof plastic bag work ok?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back