I spent all day stalking birds (again)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Somehow I have turned into one of those crazy bird people. I spent all day stalking birds dressed in camo wandering around aimlessly :) I don't get very much feedback here so either my shots are really bad, really good or just boring? I don't know. I will keep posting until people tell me to stop. Feedback always welcome...

1 - Had no light 1/60th at 500mm handhled

Fall Green Heron by krisinct, on Flickr

2 - I know, I clipped the wing it was early and this Osprey appeared out of no where and was really close. It was drizzling rain and cloudy.

Osprey 9_24 by krisinct, on Flickr

Great Egret by krisinct, on Flickr

4 - Not sure what this one is...

Yellow Songbird id? by krisinct, on Flickr

5 - Funny looking in the molting stage

Molting Blue Jay by krisinct, on Flickr

6 Wearing camo can help

Stalking the Mockingbird by krisinct, on Flickr

I love 1 & 3!! I think 3 is my favorite though!! Good job :) and I love how close you were able to get to the bird in number 6. I've never gotten anywhere near that close before!!

Number 1 is great. Such cool looking birds.

Well, don't stop posting!! I know the feeling--you put up threads and get just a few comments and you're left wondering if maybe they just aren't as interesting as you thought they were. And then some thread about someone losing too much weight or the daily "bought a camera now how do I make money" pops up and gets 4 pages of comments. Just makes you want to quit posting sometimes. But don't! I enjoy seeing your bird pics.

Man, how I'd love to have a 500mm lens! That's a ways off. I know the feeling about becoming a "crazy bird person" though--happened to me last winter/spring. Then I got off onto macro, so I don't do as much bird photography now, but I'm planning some here soon--hoping to catch some migrating raptors. Found a bald eagle at the wildlife refuge area near me last weekend, and it got me excited all over again!

My favorites of these are the egret and the green heron; nice work!

Coastal,
My bird ID skills are rather rusty but I think your yellow songbird is a female bobolink.

Hey CC, don't stop posting. You have some nice shots here - I know what you mean about the osprey just appearing without warning. I just returned from two weeks on safari in Kenya and every once in awhile, we would be driving along and come around a corner and before you could move, the bird was off and all you could do is grab a quick shot "for the record" and they weren't always the best of shots, but at least you got one - not everyone did.

WesternGuy

sm4him, I went the other way, lol, started out with more macro and then went to the birds!

rtex42, Thank you for the confirmation. One of the hardest parts about birds, besides the time, the lighting and the exposure :), is actually figuring out what the heck they are. 6 months ago, I had no idea about breeding, non-breeding, light morph, dark morph, and all the other variables of birds. Sure keeps it interesting.

Western Guy, Thanks. They sure can be tricky sometimes! Hopefully you can share some of your shots!

Know the feeling! Problem is that my shots are not as good as yours. Absolutely love your shots. I would love to get a 500mm lens sometime. Keep posting-

Most reactions

Back