I still exist! LOL....the latest titled " Imaginations come to life!"

what aperture were these shot at? the kid is overexposed in most of them, and could have benefited greatly from fill flash to get rid of the shadows and uneven lighting. i would stop down the lens a little and shoot with a flash and softbox. the SOOC shots are better than the processed ones, and some diffused fill flash would really fix them up nicely. aside from the lighting issues, I think you have some good shots there.

Thanks, everyone =) I happen to love ALL of your edits. I actually used some fill light via a softbox, canera left and slightly in front. (the window was behind her) I believe I shot with an aperture around 2 or 2.8 but I will have to confirm. I'm going to try and give these edits and second whirl but I think that I'm a sucker for bright photos and perhaps over did it. However, I will say that I tend to prefer even other people's photos when they are almost over the top, too bright. Just a preference.........

Happy to "see" you guys.....

Thanks, everyone =) I happen to love ALL of your edits. I actually used some fill light via a softbox, canera left and slightly in front. (the window was behind her) I believe I shot with an aperture around 2 or 2.8 but I will have to confirm. I'm going to try and give these edits and second whirl but I think that I'm a sucker for bright photos and perhaps over did it. However, I will say that I tend to prefer even other people's photos when they are almost over the top, too bright. Just a preference.........

Happy to "see" you guys.....

I think, when we're beginners, what we see and like in other's work and what we *think* we've done to achieve that same look in our own work... can often times be two completely different things, haha.

I'm curious to see some examples of other's work that you enjoy that are "bright" or maybe even "over the top" to see if maybe they really ARE over the top... or to see if maybe they're not, and that it's just a look you're not quite sure of how to achieve yet... in which case a visual example of what you're aiming for would help us better guide you in the right direction.

Did that make sense?

Maybe I need more coffee.

Or maybe I need some wine.

Or maybe I need to figure out how to infuse the two together in a happy, delicious, drink that is called "Heaven". :lmao:

Most reactions

Back