I think on getting the vanguard alta pro 253ct CF tripod w/ their SBH-250 ball head

tsabary

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's going to be the first time I buy a tripod and a ball head, so I picked the based on reviews. I found them both for 290$ on Amazon, is there a better place to get this gear?

My biggest concern is would they both fit together w/ my Om-d e-m5? Does all tripods fit all ball heads, and all ball heads fit all cameras?

Plus, if you have experience w/ this two I would love to here.

thanks!

They will fit together. There are only two sizes of tripod thread; 1/4NC (about 98%) and 3/8NC (the remainder) which is only found on larger heads meant for medium format gear and large gear. I've not used these units, but having seen them in stores, they look decent.

ok thank you..!

So I've pretty much decided about the tripod, but regarding the ball head I'm not sure if I want the SBH-250 or 300. I can't understand what are the differences between them. They cost pretty much the same on amazon (5$ difference) so I don't know which one to get. I see differences in measurements and a little in weight, but when I think of functionality I have no idea what to look for. I read in an older post something about the 250 not being ARCA-Swiss compatible. But I'm still confused what the arca-swiss is. Where ever I read they're talking about heavy cameras, if use my e-m5 which pretty light and light lenses do I still need it to be ARCA-Swiss compatible?

help please..?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back