I took a selfie.

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wife still wont pose for me, so you get my ugly mug; enjoy!

Selfie by The Braineack, on Flickr

One softbox/umbrella camera left, almost directly on the side of your face(maybe .5-1ft infront), and about a foot or two above? And there seems to be a slight bit of fill or reflected light on the left side of your face.

Nice lighting, tack sharp, no reflections from the glasses, and nice catchlights. I like it. Did you shoot this with the 85 1.8?

Jake

20" softbox about about 35° camera left, a few feet above and maybe 3-4 feet in front. Snooted flash behind me camera right pointing at the back of my head (I used an old knee brace I used to wear).

1/125s, 200iso, f/3.5

and yes my 85mm 1.8g.

pretty much like this:

$lighting-diagram-1384028783.jpg

Last edited:
Very sharp. Why so serious?

Not everyone is a Kathy Thorson...I look silly when I smile.

Nice and sharp! A little eyes wide open but nice. Lol

I think I have those exact same glasses. Oakleys? :)

The image and lighting is fine, but if I was on the receiving end of that "look", I'd be nervously looking for the nearest door.

I think I have those exact same glasses. Oakleys? :)

I think they are Armani actually.

Nice and sharp! A little eyes wide open but nice. Lol

Yeah I noticed that too, happens in every picture I take. I like stare down the lens, I try to stop myself from doing it, then I just scowl.

pretty sure when you smile though the corners of your mouth are supposed to go up. Lol

It's hard to have too much of a smile when your cats wake you up at 7am for no reason.

My recommended recipe, 4 cans of Mountain Dew and 10 minutes of Monty Python. If you don't have any Monty Python on hand a paint ball gun in combination with cats that have awakened you at an ungodly hour can be a great substitute.. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back