I took this today..

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't edit it.. The red looks cool.. but not natural.

Thoughts..

239.jpg

Oh, I used a smaller lens- 52mm and I believe I had focus on manual.

Ok-- I don't understand. Lots of times I post a picture and you all say it's not in focus. I see it focused.. What the hell is wrong me my eyes?

I had laser done on my eyes about 6 months ago. I have 20/20 -- so they say.

The main flower looks in focus- all the other stuff not so. It that because I am so close to the object?

The pic is also a bit over exposed which detracts from the crispness. I offer this pic of a Pawpaw flower for comparison. The focus is on the centre of the flower with the edges slightly out of focus. Do you see the difference in focus/sharpness?

08-08.jpg

IMO Ron, your picture has very sharp aspects as well as other aspects which are less sharp (due to extreme close-up and sensor-size) than Mostly Sunny's. i don't regard her image as out of focus (unacceptably as it were) b/c yours has aspects which are in sharper focus. they just look like different style pictures. yours is a macro, hers is 52mm from further away.

IMO Ron, your picture has very sharp aspects as well as other aspects which are less sharp (due to extreme close-up and sensor-size) than Mostly Sunny's. i don't regard her image as out of focus (unacceptably as it were) b/c yours has aspects which are in sharper focus. they just look like different style pictures. yours is a macro, hers is 52mm from further away.

Well Matt I must disagree. Focus is not just how close or far the camera is away from the subject. And yes, my pic was a macro & subject to a narrow depth of field. However, I offer this image taken from about four feet (over a meter) away at 200 mm & yet I think the focus is quite acceptable.

P1000401mod.jpg

I am with Ron. It also looks out of focus to me.

The thing is that it is happening to my shots as well. I typically use the sharpen tool to try to overcome this.

Any ideas (glass?, body?, eye doctor?) all of the above?

So, is it me, my eyes, camera or lens?

Is my camera broken?

How is the focus on this?

253.jpg

I'd say the biggest problem is that it is a little over exposed. The blown out top left corner and hot right side of the flower bug me. Also you're making a classic mistake, you have the flower dead center. Not sure if you have already but try to read up on the rule of thirds it will help you out a lot!

Also I think the focus is acceptable but it isn't tack sharp. Your best bet is to put the camera on a tripod, put it in live view, magnify the flower up, and then manually focus for perfect, sharp, crisp shots. GL
TJ

Most reactions

New Topics

Back