I wanna be rich... How can I get lots of dough?

I know - - worst side though is that even used once you add shipping those deals just don't looks as good ;)
I think I should take a car and go by boat to the US - slower, more expensive but less problems with baggage!

Be a pilot.

... someone told me I shouldn't be one if thinking about it was all I was doing (I guess you have to KNOW you want to be one).

Dude... here is your answer. Do something you love and you won't care about how much you earn.

The plane I want is about 40,000 bucks, which is cheap by plane standards (Piper Cub for anyone who knows planes).
Not knowing exactly that you live in the US and what 40,000 bucks is to you, but that isn't a far stretch from what many non-rich people pay for a car.

I live out in the country, in Pennsylvania where the only place you can make a decent paycheck is in Pittsburgh. Outside of Pittsburgh, you are looking at the average of $12 per hour jobs, degree or not. Since I'm out in the country, the most common vehicle people drive are full size pickup trucks. They range in the $30-35,000 price. If these $12-15 per hour people can drive $30-35,000 trucks and afford to put fuel in them for their 20-30 mile commutes to work every day at 9 mpg, it shouldn't be too difficult to be able to purchase an airplane if it is $40,000.

I am an avid flight simulator user. I truely feel that I could take off, fly, navigate, and land a Cessna 182 or something my first time out, with a pilot beside me just in case. I too would love to aquire a pilot's license and purchase a small airplane.

A different route to take is to go ultra-light. If you want to get up in the air just for recreational purposes, these things can be had for $5000-10,000. Also, no license is needed for these machines. Much more reasonable for "non-rich" to be able to surf the skies. I don't know when it will be, but I do hope that one of these days, I can purchase the field behind my house, cut a grass strip into it, and get an ultra-light.

As for the dangers of ultra-lights, from my research, they are only as dangerous as the pilot in his piloting skills and maintenance of the aircraft.

Dude... here is your answer. Do something you love and you won't care about how much you earn.

:blinks: Vicky? Haven't seen you in forever!!!

She speaks truth :) If you enjoy what you do, everything else just seems to fall in to place. Sure you might never get a plane, but you won't spend all your time wishing you could fly away either!

Only very few people get rich by lucky stock trading or a business idea.

Most of the rich guys got it from their parents, from marrying the right person, or illegal activities.

No one got rich by being employed and working hard.

Oh come, now. This happens to a lot of people.

Not anyone I know, and I know some rich people.

But maybe our definition of rich is just different. And then there might be a difference between the US and Europe in that respect.

Not anyone I know, and I know some rich people.

But maybe our definition of rich is just different. And then there might be a difference between the US and Europe in that respect.

I heard some guy on TV say the US is the easiest country in the world to become a millionaire in. Its still harder than heck. I see my boss, who inherited the company I work for when he was 24, and he's got boatloads of cash. He has a 30d, a 600mm f/4, a 185mm macro, a 70-200 f 2.8... everything he wants he can get. And he gets that by paying me peanuts while he rakes in the dough. You work hard your whole life breaking your back, and in the end all you have to show for it is a broken back.

Like the song says, "I owe my soul to the company stove."

But my day will come. I got plans. I'm gonna be the first lottery winner EVER to not purchase a ticket. Just you wait and see...

And mrodgers, I'm sure that those people afford such beautiful trucks because they got it on loan. Rich people don't need to use a bank for a car... And the Piper Cub is a light sport... And its so cool (I want a yellow one).

If you like computers then stick with the Cisco plan. As you move up into bigger switches the money gets really good.

I did construction for 17 years and got up to 32 dollars an hour. Not too bad, but that balances out with all the time off in the winter, and the increased beer consumption that comes with that. (one website informed my I could have a high-end Ferrari if I didn't drink so much) Unless you make superintendant/engineer/project manager or something like that, and get a year round salary, there's no real future in it.

I'm working on a simple A+ atm but I have set my goals on Cisco certs before I'm too old to be unemployable lol. I figure I have about 4 years.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm about ready for my A+ and I'm looking around and don't know wtf to do with it! Scary.

Simple - sleep with the President/Prime Minister/Premier and then sell the story to the world's press.

Simple - sleep with the President/Prime Minister/Premier and then sell the story to the world's press.

That would REALLY work considering we're both dudes... :puke:

My brother is bent as a butcher hook.

Doesn't bother me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back