Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...small to medium sized. Evenly tempered...not hard to train..not overly active, but not a bump on a log.

...what breeds/breed mixes do y'all recommend? :D

You know what I'm gonna say...I'd go for a less active sheepdog, they are incredibly easy to train, and some of the most loyal dogs you can have :)

I've had two (for anyone else's edification), a Sheltie and an Australian Sheepdog, and I love em both :D

clarinetJWD said:
You know what I'm gonna say...I'd go for a less active sheepdog, they are incredibly easy to train, and some of the most loyal dogs you can have :)

I've had two (for anyone else's edification), a Sheltie and an Australian Sheepdog, and I love em both :D

That's kinda already what I'm lookin at, I just want to make SURE I'm making the right decision.

You arlready know I'm in love with Oliver Joe. Careful...I might steal him when I go back to Baltimore with you next month. :mrgreen:

core_17 said:
That's kinda already what I'm lookin at, I just want to make SURE I'm making the right decision.

You arlready know I'm in love with Oliver Joe. Careful...I might steal him when I go back to Baltimore with you next month. :mrgreen:
Do you have a deathwish? :hertz:

core_17 said:
Arch, is a British Boxer the same thing as a Boxer? Cuz I know what a Boxer is (and I don't want one). My grandparents have a boxer.

She looks a lot like this :

http://www.unleasheddogs.com/Smith in grass.JPG

yep...... they are a kind of symbol over here for a brit..... like you'd usually find a tattoo of a boxer with the british flag behind it on the arm of a hooligan.... nice dog... but a bit dumb and slobbers everywhere :mrgreen:

Pugs rawk. :lovey:

Smart, affectionate, playful, patient, and weird. They put the "shed" in "sheds like a mutha" but all critters do.

That is all. :mrgreen:

terri said:
Pugs rawk. :lovey:

Smart, affectionate, playful, patient, and weird. They put the "shed" in "sheds like a mutha" but all critters do.

That is all. :mrgreen:

My Yorkie didn't shed. :mrgreen:

My only issue with small dogs is...I want something very easily trainable. My experience has been small dogs are a bit harder.

We have a Boston Terrier and they're great dogs. We've had two so far, and no complaints on them at all. If given the time, they're easily trianed and they listen VERY well! My boyfriend and I had a Minature Pincer (sp?) (she just passed away the other day :( ) and they have like a split second memory and they're off in la la land but very affectionate dogs all the same :D

You could try and get a Border Collie but again they molt something fierce when the warmer months come about - very loveable and trainable but they need to be walked frequently.

From what I've read, terriers are pretty trainable as a breed...even tempered and affectionate, too. Lots to choose from.

Odin is pretty big for a pug....35 pounds. He could make a Scoobie snack out of a Yorkie. Most pugs are in the 25 pound range.

I think Boxers are beautiful! So regal looking. (so non-Odin like) :lol: Are they really dumb, Arch??

Xmetal said:
You could try and get a Border Collie but again they molt something fierce when the warmer months come about - very loveable and trainable but they need to be walked frequently.

I loooove border collies, but I think they're just a tad more active than what I'm looking for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back