I want a new nikon! Which one??

Nessy024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, so i need help i have a nikon d3000 which is suppose to be the worst and lowest of all dslr. But it was my first and now that i learned everything about it im ready for an upgrade. I mostly looking for sharp images...especially when using high iso! I also invested in 50mm 1.4 lens and an sb600.... So my lens helps for sharpness but can anyone recommend a new camera for me? My budget is under $1000. And i dont care at all about video...just extra fast and sharp!

7000 comes to mind, you can probably get used one from crsigslist.
Otherwise d90 is the next choice for me.

When did you buy the D3000? How long have you been using it?

I'd go with a D7000 or D90. You can get a used D90 for about $600

My budget is under $1000.

D7000 for that much.

I'm fairly new to DSLR's as well and I'm wondering why no one has recommended the 5100 if the 7000 doesn't fit the budget. Doesn't the 5100 share the same sensor as the 7000?

Yes it does, but the D5100 has far fewer of the external controls the D7000 has that save a lot of menu diving.

It's not just about the image sensor, it's also about usability.

jwbryson1 said:
When did you buy the D3000? How long have you been using it?

I bought it over a year ago....but def not happy now that i know what to expect...check my site vanessajulie.com

And what do you expect? You're not going to get a whole lot more for under $1000 than what you already have.

D90 or d7000. Then again, you can use the sb600 and yield decent results from the d3000. What are you trying to shoot?

Hey everyone, so i need help i have a nikon d3000 which is suppose to be the worst and lowest of all dslr. But it was my first and now that i learned everything about it im ready for an upgrade. I mostly looking for sharp images...especially when using high iso! I also invested in 50mm 1.4 lens and an sb600.... So my lens helps for sharpness but can anyone recommend a new camera for me? My budget is under $1000. And i dont care at all about video...just extra fast and sharp!

Is your D3000 broken?

Is your D3000 broken?

Exactly what I was getting at. She's had it for 1 year and she's "learned everything about it is ready for an upgrade." Needs something that takes sharp photos. I think the issue is not the camera.

You need to go straight to a d3. You have nothing invested in lenses so the switch will be easy. You can just buy new lenses.

Just about the only Nikon under $1,000 is a d5100 andl they are around $800with the 18-55 kit lens. If you don't want the kit lens you can probably save $100 or so. The real step up camera body would be the D7000 but, they are about $1,300 for the body alone and $1,600 with the 18-105 kit lens. I don't know much about the D90 other than it uses an older sensor than the D7000-D5100. They are running like $850 with the 18-105 kit lens at Amazon. That might be the best way for you to go given your budget but, they are due to be discontinued.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back