I want feed back

To be honest, I have the creativity of a blank piece of paper :roll: so I am probably not the best person to give an opinion ...

I like the font in 1 and 10 from your list in that thread, have you tried centralising the text in the box? I like the idea of a faded pic in the background, that's a phase I am going through at the moment with some of my web sites.

Do the colours have to be black/grey/white?

Do the colours have to be black/grey/white?

I'm going to say no, The biggest reason I was staying as close to the original was so it could be put in on the current design. I have been trying to come up with something different for the site design as well but that is an even bigger project and I am haveing no luck with it at all.

Design is like any branch of the Commercial arts - it's all about problem solving.
First, you have to define the nature of the problem:
Mast heads (logo is actually short for logotype which is something different to what people think) and site designs are all about telling the world who and what you are. They are statements about how you see yourself and how you want people to perceive you.
The typeface, the colours, the style, the layout - all affect the viewer's perception of you.
This is why big companies spend a fortune on brand image - and why every aspect of that image is precisely defined.
So now you need to define the problem itself:
What is wrong with your old site and mast head?
And it is not what you think that matters but what your target audience thinks.
Then you need to define how you want your audience to perceive you.
This will determine colours and style.
Then you go on from there.
In Design asking the right questions is important because the answers shape your solution.

And remember the golden rule: keep it simple!

Design is like any branch of the Commercial arts - it's all about problem solving.
First, you have to define the nature of the problem:
Mast heads (logo is actually short for logotype which is something different to what people think) and site designs are all about telling the world who and what you are. They are statements about how you see yourself and how you want people to perceive you.
The typeface, the colours, the style, the layout - all affect the viewer's perception of you.
This is why big companies spend a fortune on brand image - and why every aspect of that image is precisely defined.
So now you need to define the problem itself:
This will determine colours and style.
Then you go on from there.
In Design asking the right questions is important because the answers shape your solution.

And remember the golden rule: keep it simple!

These are questions I have been tossing around

The one who designed it has absolutely no interest in photography resulting in lazy design casting the impression of it being an illustration sites dumping ground for photos. It's a boring reidderation of the parent site, neglected to a point of no longer resembeling the parent site, The site it self is difficult to navigate requiring one to return to the main page for almost all tasks, The submission form is far from photography oriented, and the advertising blows, The owner can't get any desent advertising because we simply don't have the solid userbase to make it worth their wile. Largely because of the above mentioned shortcummings.

This is presicely why I come here looking for advice, feedback and input. The target audience is photographers and photomanipulation artists, I know there are flaws in it, I also know I can't find them all, that little mod CP button seems to hid them from me at times.

How I want the audience to perceive the site is rather simple and to the point. What I want is people to perceive it as a photography site wile maintaining that it is a part of a much larger artistic community and not just some half baked dumping ground.

There is a lot of work to do to achieve this, Work that I have been trying to get done for quite some time. Now it's in my hands to figure it all out and the first thing is to get a design that is more photography oriented. Sadly as I explained earlier that is not exactly my field of expertese.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back