I want to buy a dSLR+lens for outdoor portraits - equipment advice please

Oh it's a film camera. I'm too much of an amateur to mess with film to be honest. I would like a dSLR.

facepalm.jpg

I am sorry that I am not at your level yet, and don't know what a film back is. There was probably a time you didn't either.

If you care to explain in simple terms I am open.

SwitchFX. man..why do you offer a mamiya medium format for someone that wants to buy a D5100...it is at a WHOLE different level...i really don't understand...you just want to tempt him ;).

If your not stuck to new and can go secondhand maybe a secondhand Canon 5Dc and an EF50mm f1.4 or if money doesn,t allow( EF50 F1.8). Other than that new the Nikons suggested will be nice or any Canon entry DSLR such as the 1100d or 550d/600d with an EF 50 f1.4 or EF 50 f1.8. These 2 were taken with a 50d and EF50 F1/8 which should yield similar to the above mentioned crop sensor canons. The eyes on the superhero shot were photoshopped, your camera wont do that

spiderkane by jaomul, on Flickr

Looking by jaomul, on Flickr

I have to say this: in your sig, You're not your.

The new Nikon also have the capability to do 1080p video, whch is pretty nice. So if the picture quality will be similar to a 5D, I'd rather go with the Nikon. That said, the Mamiya gallery is amazing. Can someone explain how the Mamiya works? Thanks.

In your shoes I would get the D5100 with 18-55mm VR DX as kit, and the 85mm VR DX as portrait lens.
Ouch. That was definitely wishful thinking on my part. Of coure the 85mm F/1.8 DX is not VR, and the 85 F/3.5 VR DX is a macro lens ...

Nikon D5100 + Nikon 50mm 1.8G = $870~

Nikon D5100 + Nikon 85mm 1.8G = $1150~
You have a nice setup in your sig. Do you have a photo gallery I can look at, labeled with the different lenses?

General question: Are there any site where I can look at shots sorted by LENS?

In The site below you can choose many lens attached to many bodies at many different settings too.

Over a million full-size sample photos from SLR cameras with different lenses and digicams.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back