I want to get into photography... whats needed?

OK sweet ill check it out.

What exactly is composition and exposure triangle? And I like to see what people say as far as what I am doing wrong or need to improve on....

Oops. That wasn't very clear. I meant you need to start with two things; Working on your composition of your photo, and also with the exposure triangle.
Some of the links others have posted, especially naptime's link, will help you with those two things. Or just google "rules of composition for photography"--in particular, look for information about the rule of thirds (don't place your photo's subject in the center of the picture...at least not until you know enough to decide if breaking the rule of thirds guideline works for that photo).
Naptime's link should also have information about the exposure triangle--if I remember, she actually spends several days on the different aspects of the exposure triangle (ISO, shutter speed and aperture). Learn how those three things work together, and how to choose which settings to change, based on the available light and what your end goal is for the photo.

I recommend getting a tripod. And avoid the cheapo walmart stuff. At this point, shoot for a decent mid-range tripod and head. I use a manfrotto 055mf3 and a manfrotto 322RC2 grip ball head. Love them both. A good tripod and head is going to allow you to get sharp car shots with good depth of field in any lighting conditions and they also tend to help composition because you can study the scene before you shoot without the camera shaking in your hand and your point of view bobbing and weaving.

The T2i is a great starter camera. Read, read, and read about it and how photography works in general. I'm no pro, but I've learned a TON of information from this forum, and just reading books/web articles.

By the way, is that your FA5?

<---EP3 owner here :)

You might want to remove that shot of the FourLoko from your portfolio.

Thanks everybody for the info! Trying to read as much as I can with all this info hahaa.. keep it coming though..

And yes that car is my FA5 :D

Most reactions

Back