I was just on Adobe chat and the service is still bloody pathetic

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by BananaRepublic, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just out of interest what WAS the original problem that resulted in the poor customer service? It might be that what you asked was abnormal/difficult/strange/poorly worded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    To me it says their initial market research was off. These companies are in business to maximize profits, the same way you would do in your own endeavors. The subscription model is the way the industry as a whole is moving. Look at Capture One, they currently market their full version on a subscription plan at $20/month, or a purchase option. If the subscription base tops purchase sales, how long do you think they will continue with the purchase model? Again I'm not pushing Adobe, it's just one of the options available, and the whole buy/rent argument is a straw man fallacy. Like going to a restaurant, if you don't like the price of the steak, don't order it. If the steak comes out tough or cooked wrong then you have a legitimate complaint, but that's irrelevant to the price. Like the software you don't keep eating away on that steak while complaining about it's price, quality, service, etc. That's all I'm saying, make your choice and move on if your not happy, there's other choices on the menu.

As to the OP and problems as @Overread mentioned above, more information on the problem that led him to customer service would be beneficial. The combined experience of TPF is fairly extensive and any number of people would be willing to help find a solution.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BananaRepublic

BananaRepublic No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Was it Ted Kennedy who said "Once bought stay bought" anyway my query was actually about the lean adobe have on my bank account, aka, my subscription. firstly the guy took 40 minutes to acknowledge I had logged onto the chat window and then with the 7 minute intervals between sentences I spent another 45 minutes trying extract an answer. It was like water boarding a mannikin. Yes I have had a history with adobe hence my original statement. You can checkout whenever you want alright but try doing that when the cancel button isnt showing as an option in subscription management.

4. BananaRepublic

Photos OK to edit
    How can I cancel my subscription. what lead me to ask that you say, well the cancel subscription thing wasn't showing in my profile.

5. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    Letting any company debit your account automatically is like attaching a "leech from hell" to your money. For those companies that require it, I keep a couple extra credit card accounts, just for that purpose. When I have a problem with a leech, its' a simple matter to transfer the others debiting the card to a different one, and cancel the card. End of problem. Or you can simply transfer the others and put a hold on the card until your problem goes away, then reuse it at a later date.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Overread

Photos OK to edit
    So what made you want to cancel in the first place?
    Also where was the cancel button - which I take it was the problem you had?

7. Overread

Photos OK to edit
    Seems rather longwinded? Wouldn't it be easier just to cancel the direct debit by contacting your bank. Banks will do that pretty quickly and once its gone its gone unless you approve it again. Plus if you've also cancelled it at teh company end then there shouldn't be any problem. Far easier than juggling money in and out of various accounts and moving registration stuff around.

8. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    Automatic debits are different then recurring bill pay offered by a bank. With automatic debits, you've signed a contractual agreement giving an outside company permission to debit an amount from your bank account. Most banks (at least they did) consider this outside their control (being between you and the outside company) and will refuse to stop the debit, requiring you to close the account and reopen a new account (which is a lot more difficult then switching a credit card). Federal law says you can send a "Revocation of Authority To Debit" to the outside company, and a notice to the bank that you have issued a "Revocation of Authority", not sure of the time limits in doing so, or the time required to become effective. Some banks might also require a stop payment order, but then look out for recurring stop payment charges every time the outside company tries to debit your account.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  9. Overread

Photos OK to edit
    Hmm it might be a bit different in the UK - rules over here might be a bit better at letting you stop a payment at the Bank. Of course if you don't cancel your direct debit and the company can't withdraw funds then they might well query this - either sending an invoice; a termination of contract etc...

Then again whenever I've cancelled a direct debit its been an easy and amicable situation so I've never had to do anything out of the ordinary.

10. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    After 20-plus years as a
    BUYER of Photoshop,I
    AM nowunimpressed withAdobe and have stayed with LR 3.6 since
    2013 or so.

11. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    You're such a rebel Derrel! LOL If you decide you want to live a little more daring I think I still have a copy of Corel Paintshop X9.

Could be. I once let myself get suckered into letting a company debit my checking account....it didn't go well. Won't ever give them control of anything but a throw away account again.

12. BananaRepublic

Photos OK to edit

My C
    I just wanted to stop the auto renewal from happening as it would be forgotten about by the time the renewal date came around. Typically for a racket organisation the stop auto renew button was not a option for self selection, ie greyed out, so I had to contact chat and the only solution the guy gave me was to battle through chat a month before the renwal will take place to stop it taking place.