I was just on Adobe chat and the service is still bloody pathetic

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by BananaRepublic, Mar 5, 2019.

1. BananaRepublic

BananaRepublic No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was just on Adobe chat and the service is still bloody pathetic. It so clear that there just trousering the millions and dont give two craps about there customers.

H Christ !!!!!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Buuuuuuuuuut.........the two most-popular apps are only $10 monthly in perpetuity!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Is that a certainty? Granted they haven't gone up since Adobe started their blackmail... subscription service, but I wasn't aware of any guarantee on that rate....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. crf8

crf8 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    $10 a month forever is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jeff15

Jeff15 TPF junkie!

Top Poster Of Month

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Stuff $10 a month and buy stand alone editing..........

6. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Don't mean to minimize your complaint but this not the first time you've complained about Adobe. Over the course of a few years and many updates I've had few if any problems with Adobe software and when I did customer service responded promptly. That's not to say I haven't had problems caused by my operating system or hardware. Fortunately it's such a popular software that a little Google research will usually give you the answers you need to get going. Out of curiosity I went to chat today, and as I suspected the overwhelming majority of problems were either hardware or operating system issues. Very few if any tech support or help desks will help you diagnose a problem with OS or hardware, unless there is a known conflict.

I can't speak for all but having spent a ton of money over the years on business software, I can say the level of customer service I've had experience with is in direct proportion to the purchase date unless you buy a separate help plan or are willing to pay $$$ on an individual use for answers. I for one prefer the subscription plan, as every year between business, financial , other software, and the updates to same I'm going to spend a certain amount whether it's by the month or in a lump sum, for me it's a cost of owning a computer. Having been burned on purchases many times over the years, I much prefer to not have several thousand dollars invested only to find out something doesn't work, and the company's gone.

The nice thing about the subscription plan is you don't have to renew, no one forces you to continue for perpetuity. If you're truly not happy with it buy a stand alone. For those that don't want to pay rent there are any number of options out there at all price levels. Just remember you don't own the software you buy, you own a license to use that current version for a certain period of time or until the company decides to stop supporting it. Then you basically own a coffee coaster (assuming you got a disk and not a digital download).

7. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Adobe apologists are everywhere. Remember, Adobe's trial balloon before initiating the first combo of PS/LR for $10 monthly with a 12-month contract?They though that $50 a month for Photoshop only would be acceptable to the majority of their users! The hue and cry was deafening. Adobe heard the millions of irate customers by adding Lightroom and knocking $40 a month off their tithe request...errrm....now you know why I call attention to Adobe's business model/corporate attitude so frequently...

8. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    @Derrel Not an apologist for Adobe, but pragmatic about a subscription model for any software. For years in business I had no choice, but to drop thousands of dollars on software that invariably had problems or didn't perform as advertised. Then you're faced with problems every time you upgrade your OS or hardware because the software isn't compatible, forcing you to pay for an upgrade the software that will be just as obsolete in a couple of years.

9. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Adobe upgrades were how (IMMSMC, $199 about for an upgrade every 24 months?) much when Adobe suddenly switched from stand-alone to subscription? What about Adobe's initial idea of $50 monthly?

For most users, image editing SW is not a business expense, with all that entails...

I discontinued MY monthly PS/LR subscription in early 2017....after two years and $200-plus in subscription fees for little advancement compared to against my last stand-alone versions of LR And PS....

10. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    @Derrel I suspect that it's not coincidence that many have gone to the $10/mo price. Office 360, Intuit, QuickBooks and others with a purchase price in same range are all offering a monthly rate in the $10 range. It's a price point that seems to work.

11. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    What about Adobe's initial idea that $50 a month was a reasonable rental rate for Photoshop alone? What does that say about the company's view of its main offering and the installed base ?

12. jaomul

jaomul Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

It says they are greedy and they chanced their arm with an extortionate pricing structure. Very few of these big companies really have customers welfare at heart, it's all a bottom dollar thing.

As a matter of interest, what software do you use now? I jumped ship from Adobe last year and went back after a few months due how good the combo works for me.