I was just on Adobe chat and the service is still bloody pathetic

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just on Adobe chat and the service is still bloody pathetic. It so clear that there just trousering the millions and dont give two craps about there customers.

H Christ !!!!!

Last edited:
Buuuuuuuuuut.........the two most-popular apps are only $10 monthly in perpetuity!

Buuuuuuuuuut.........the two most-popular apps are only $10 monthly in perpetuity!
Is that a certainty? Granted they haven't gone up since Adobe started their blackmail... subscription service, but I wasn't aware of any guarantee on that rate....

$10 a month forever is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuff $10 a month and buy stand alone editing..........

Don't mean to minimize your complaint but this not the first time you've complained about Adobe. Over the course of a few years and many updates I've had few if any problems with Adobe software and when I did customer service responded promptly. That's not to say I haven't had problems caused by my operating system or hardware. Fortunately it's such a popular software that a little Google research will usually give you the answers you need to get going. Out of curiosity I went to chat today, and as I suspected the overwhelming majority of problems were either hardware or operating system issues. Very few if any tech support or help desks will help you diagnose a problem with OS or hardware, unless there is a known conflict.

I can't speak for all but having spent a ton of money over the years on business software, I can say the level of customer service I've had experience with is in direct proportion to the purchase date unless you buy a separate help plan or are willing to pay $$$ on an individual use for answers. I for one prefer the subscription plan, as every year between business, financial , other software, and the updates to same I'm going to spend a certain amount whether it's by the month or in a lump sum, for me it's a cost of owning a computer. Having been burned on purchases many times over the years, I much prefer to not have several thousand dollars invested only to find out something doesn't work, and the company's gone.

The nice thing about the subscription plan is you don't have to renew, no one forces you to continue for perpetuity. If you're truly not happy with it buy a stand alone. For those that don't want to pay rent there are any number of options out there at all price levels. Just remember you don't own the software you buy, you own a license to use that current version for a certain period of time or until the company decides to stop supporting it. Then you basically own a coffee coaster (assuming you got a disk and not a digital download).

Adobe apologists are everywhere. Remember, Adobe's trial balloon before initiating the first combo of PS/LR for $10 monthly with a 12-month contract?They though that $50 a month for Photoshop only would be acceptable to the majority of their users! The hue and cry was deafening. Adobe heard the millions of irate customers by adding Lightroom and knocking $40 a month off their tithe request...errrm....now you know why I call attention to Adobe's business model/corporate attitude so frequently...

@Derrel Not an apologist for Adobe, but pragmatic about a subscription model for any software. For years in business I had no choice, but to drop thousands of dollars on software that invariably had problems or didn't perform as advertised. Then you're faced with problems every time you upgrade your OS or hardware because the software isn't compatible, forcing you to pay for an upgrade the software that will be just as obsolete in a couple of years.

Adobe upgrades were how (IMMSMC, $199 about for an upgrade every 24 months?) much when Adobe suddenly switched from stand-alone to subscription? What about Adobe's initial idea of $50 monthly?

For most users, image editing SW is not a business expense, with all that entails...

I discontinued MY monthly PS/LR subscription in early 2017....after two years and $200-plus in subscription fees for little advancement compared to against my last stand-alone versions of LR And PS....

@Derrel I suspect that it's not coincidence that many have gone to the $10/mo price. Office 360, Intuit, QuickBooks and others with a purchase price in same range are all offering a monthly rate in the $10 range. It's a price point that seems to work.

What about Adobe's initial idea that $50 a month was a reasonable rental rate for Photoshop alone? What does that say about the company's view of its main offering and the installed base ?

What about Adobe's initial idea that $50 a month was a reasonable rental rate for Photoshop alone? What does that say about the company's view of its main offering and the installed base ?

It says they are greedy and they chanced their arm with an extortionate pricing structure. Very few of these big companies really have customers welfare at heart, it's all a bottom dollar thing.

As a matter of interest, what software do you use now? I jumped ship from Adobe last year and went back after a few months due how good the combo works for me.

Just out of interest what WAS the original problem that resulted in the poor customer service? It might be that what you asked was abnormal/difficult/strange/poorly worded.

To me it says their initial market research was off. These companies are in business to maximize profits, the same way you would do in your own endeavors. The subscription model is the way the industry as a whole is moving. Look at Capture One, they currently market their full version on a subscription plan at $20/month, or a purchase option. If the subscription base tops purchase sales, how long do you think they will continue with the purchase model? Again I'm not pushing Adobe, it's just one of the options available, and the whole buy/rent argument is a straw man fallacy. Like going to a restaurant, if you don't like the price of the steak, don't order it. If the steak comes out tough or cooked wrong then you have a legitimate complaint, but that's irrelevant to the price. Like the software you don't keep eating away on that steak while complaining about it's price, quality, service, etc. That's all I'm saying, make your choice and move on if your not happy, there's other choices on the menu.

As to the OP and problems as @Overread mentioned above, more information on the problem that led him to customer service would be beneficial. The combined experience of TPF is fairly extensive and any number of people would be willing to help find a solution.

Last edited:
Don't mean to minimize your complaint but this not the first time you've complained about Adobe. Over the course of a few years and many updates I've had few if any problems with Adobe software and when I did customer service responded promptly. That's not to say I haven't had problems caused by my operating system or hardware. Fortunately it's such a popular software that a little Google research will usually give you the answers you need to get going. Out of curiosity I went to chat today, and as I suspected the overwhelming majority of problems were either hardware or operating system issues. Very few if any tech support or help desks will help you diagnose a problem with OS or hardware, unless there is a known conflict.

I can't speak for all but having spent a ton of money over the years on business software, I can say the level of customer service I've had experience with is in direct proportion to the purchase date unless you buy a separate help plan or are willing to pay $$$ on an individual use for answers. I for one prefer the subscription plan, as every year between business, financial , other software, and the updates to same I'm going to spend a certain amount whether it's by the month or in a lump sum, for me it's a cost of owning a computer. Having been burned on purchases many times over the years, I much prefer to not have several thousand dollars invested only to find out something doesn't work, and the company's gone.

The nice thing about the subscription plan is you don't have to renew, no one forces you to continue for perpetuity. If you're truly not happy with it buy a stand alone. For those that don't want to pay rent there are any number of options out there at all price levels. Just remember you don't own the software you buy, you own a license to use that current version for a certain period of time or until the company decides to stop supporting it. Then you basically own a coffee coaster (assuming you got a disk and not a digital download).

Was it Ted Kennedy who said "Once bought stay bought" anyway my query was actually about the lean adobe have on my bank account, aka, my subscription. firstly the guy took 40 minutes to acknowledge I had logged onto the chat window and then with the 7 minute intervals between sentences I spent another 45 minutes trying extract an answer. It was like water boarding a mannikin. Yes I have had a history with adobe hence my original statement. You can checkout whenever you want alright but try doing that when the cancel button isnt showing as an option in subscription management.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back