marp
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2009
- Messages
- 43
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Prague, Czech republic
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hi, I really like your PP and wonder, what you can do with this one. It is straight out of the camera.
![]()
Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.
good
-cool capture (freeze motion)
-great duck and feather pattern
-exposure is right on
-very good detail (feathers)
-nice natural colors (first version)
-good contrast
nit
-the comp (subject is on center)
-in your second version, healing out the stray grass might be a bit
better option than cropping it out, there are some great elements in this
photo, the underwater rock etc, other than that a very good capture
Here are some tweaks that might spruce the photo up a bit.
-cropped the photo so subject is placed off center
-darkened the photo using the midtone slider in (levels) so the
(dodge) areas will stand out more
-desaturated the colors as darkening the photo will put the colors over
-lightened (dodge) some parts of the water
-lightened (dodge) the underwater rock
-lightened (dodge) the little single splash of water behind the duck
-lightened (dodge) the white spot on the tail feather
-lightened (dodge) the duck itself
-added selective color saturation to the green moss on the wall
and green area in the water in the bottom left
-added selective USM (sharpening) to just the feather area and
underwater rock
-healed out all the stray grass
Hope this helps and thanks for posting.
Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
![]()
Thank you very much for your help. You actually saw more details in the photo than I saw. And made good use of them. I think I should pay more attention to details.
Also, I am not good in using those local tweaks, but now I see, I'll have to learn it.
Thank you for showing me the right way.