Not sure if you have reached your quota or not, but I would like to offer this photo up. I am a total noob and this is like maybe the third photo I have shot with my first DSLR. Feel free to do what you wish. Any criticism is much appreciated:
I went with HDR/Orton on this one. I understand that HDR is not everyones cup of tea. But I beleave HDR has a place in
modern day photography and in my opinion HDR excells at showing cars and buildings.
good
-very cool vehicle
-great perspective
-exposure is about right and fill flash helped a bit
-good contrast
nit
-vehicle has a tilt to the right (natural from resting on the curb)
-comp, unequal spacing on the left and right of photo
-photo is noisy
-could use HDR to get rid of the snapshot look (personal choice)
tweak
-straightened the vehicle
-cropped the photo so there is equal spacing on the left and right
HDR
(typically in HDR you would take from 3 to 7 exposures from the
camera and not make these exposures from one photo like I am doing here
but is shows the idea and also you don't have all the (save as) going on.
-made a darker photo from your photo using the (brightnes slider) and
(save as) and renamed the photo
-made a lighter photo from your photo using the (brightness slider) and
(save as) and renamed the photo
-put all 3 photos through HDR software
-added a tad of contrast boost and hightlight boost in the HDR software
-saved the photo
Orton-effect
-make the photo lighter by using the (levels) midtone slider
-add gaussian blur so photo goes blurry alot
-go into blending mode and select (muiltply)
-readjust (levels) sliders to lighten the photo
final tweaks
-desaturated the colors
-increased the saturation on the just the fog lights
-lightened (dodge) anywere the light falls on the photo like on the grill,
on the ground etc
-darkened (burn) around the BG, like the sky and stray parked car etc
-healed out the plate numbers
-put the photo through NR software
PS This sounds like alot of work but if you do it in step form it moves
along quickly plus the software is doing some of the work also.
Hope this helps and thanks for posting.
Take care,
Dwayne Oakes