What's new

I will c&c your work for you

Dwayne

I was told this needed sharpening. Have at it please.

IMG_0172.jpg

A technically flawless photo, nits none. Excellent work and great job !
What an amazing bird ! A wallhanger for sure.

PS The rule of thirds will work 99% of time. Here is a great example
of that 1% time when it does not work and placing the subject on
center like in this photo is the best way to go.

Also a note on sharpening, the birds eye is nice and sharp and thats all
that matters. The right side blur is from the DOF and is perfectly normal
in this case.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes
 
alright i liked the last one that you did for me so lets see how this one turns out... i like the photo i just think that it is missing something but i just dont know what it is exactly...


CanyonEdit2.jpg

Oops sorry Fowler we are trying for one photo per photographer to give
everyone a chance. I will give you a tip on this one, try placing the
bee to the 1/3 rule and a tighter crop you might find that will work a bit
better as there is to much clutter in this one.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes
 
I just cant seem to get this one right. Something always seems off to me, i think its the highlights getting blown out thats distracting? :er:

3698271264_02b0f8f0c2.jpg
 
I just cant seem to get this one right. Something always seems off to me, i think its the highlights getting blown out thats distracting? :er:

3698271264_02b0f8f0c2.jpg

good

-interesting pipeline
-good comp
-good contrast and detail
-low noise

nit

-photo is overexposed

-background is to stark even if the exposure was on, just do to
the way the light is falling on that day, but the nit is, hard on the eyes

-branches at the base of the pipe a bit of a distraction

tweak

-darkened (burn) around the background to improve overall exposure

-went with sepia tone (personal choice) to warm up the photo and make
it easyer on the eyes

-healed out the stray branches at the base of the pipe

PS Your choice for black and white is a good one for the pipes as bw
excells at showing textures in this case the rust on the pipes, it is
just the high key background from the light on that day is not making
it work.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p196101537-3.jpg
 
Last edited:
Enjoying all your edits, thanks Dwayne.

What would you do to this:

3643249590_e75c6cb07f_b.jpg

Another technically flawless photo ! Exellent work ! A wallhanger for sure.
I did fix one thing, do you know where the change was made ? lol

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p240250690-4.jpg
 
Another technically flawless photo ! Exellent work ! A wallhanger for sure.
I did fix one thing, do you know where the change was made ? lol

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p240250690-4.jpg

I believe you removed the spec of light in one of the clouds. Thanks!
 
Another technically flawless photo ! Exellent work ! A wallhanger for sure.
I did fix one thing, do you know where the change was made ? lol

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p240250690-4.jpg

I believe you removed the spec of light in one of the clouds. Thanks!

Bingo, thats it. It was the first thing my eye went to when I first saw
this great photo. It is amazing how a small spec like that can be a bit
of a distraction.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes
 

good

-great comp (winding road)
-great light
-great place
-exposure is about right
-good DOF
-low noise and no sensor dust (sky)
-good color and contrast

nit

-the white border, jet contrails, antenna mast, sunspot are a bit
of a distraction

-shadows could be opened up a tad (dodge)

tweak

-healed out the distractions (for the sunspot I healed it out then made
a new one by lightening "dodge" one in so it is less of a distraction
and blends in better)

-opened up the shadows a tad (dodge)

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p491749809-3.jpg
 
This is my first attempt at true HDR. I know it's pretty weak and am looking for your suggestions on how and what to improve upon.

siemspark4.jpg
 
Last edited:
This is my first attempt at true HDR. I know it's pretty weak and am looking for your suggestions on how and what to improve upon.

siemspark4.jpg

Not weak at all, good job ! Any fish in there ?

good

-great little place (to sit in the evening)
-good comp (centering the dock won't work here due to the trees)
-HDR works and looks good here
-good DOF

nit

-photo is noisy
-colors are a tad overdone (personal choice)
-cloud in the top right and the trees in the distant horizon are a bit
of a distraction

tweak

-put the photo through NR software
-toned down the colors a tad
-healed out the distractions

-leveled the dock a tad

Hope this helps and thanks posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p232572859-3.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom