What's new

I will c&c your work for you

Hi, how does this look ? Any points ? thank you.

317cf3l.jpg
 
Hi, how does this look ? Any points ? thank you.

317cf3l.jpg

good

-great light
-great sky
-cool place
-low noise
-no sensor dust (sky)
-very good comp (4x6 crop might work a bit better)

nit

-FG to dark (due to light meter being tricked by the sky)
-colors and contrast are a tad flat and could use a boost
-photo is a tad soft

tweak

-crop photo to 4x6 format
-added a tad of global contrat boost
-added a tad of global color boost

-lightened (dodge) the shadows in the right and left side of the photo
-lightened (dodge) any were the sun was reflecting off the steel rails
and power lines

-lightened (dodge) some of the sky
-lightened (dodge) all the signal lights
-added a tad of USM (sharpening) to get over the AA filter

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p275638195-4.jpg
 
Last edited:
My photo got skipped or did I do something wrong? :( I was looking forward to your c&c.
 
Can you give me a hand with this one?

Camera- Nikon D40
Lens-18-55mm
Focal Length- 18mm
Aperture- f/22
Shutter- 1/50 sec
Iso- 200



DelawareRiverSunset.jpg

Excellent photo Chris !

good

-great light (backlit)
-great comp (sun placed off center)
-great detail and contrast
-nice natural colors
-overall exposure is right on (even know the sky is clipped)
-great DOF

nit

-the sunstar and sky are to overpowering and are stealing the show

tweak

-darkened (burn) the sky a tad to tone it down
-darkened (burn) the sunstar a tad to tone it down

-healed out the red lens flare spot in the FG

-no USM (sharpening) needed

PS By doing these tweaks the eye can move around the photo more
freely now insted of just going right to the sunstar.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p856519532.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks alot for the help. I agree about the sky and sun but I didn't really know how to go about correcting them.
 
Dwayne Oakes thanx for your imput. The colour dodge transformed picture. The trees and tracks really glow now. Thanx for the inspiration.
.
 
Hi Dwayne..

Following this thread for a while, thought I'd put one to you to see your thoughts.. what do you think?

Thanks,

Rick

3398681766_c51d464858_b.jpg
 
Dwayne, I haven't got any decent photos yet, but I'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread! I really like that you're offering C&C, but what's REALLY actually teaching me something is the fact that you're editing the photo and explaining exactly what you did to each one. Thanks so much for taking the time! Very helpful for someone like me who's just beginning to get into PP work.
 
Dwayne, I haven't got any decent photos yet, but I'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread! I really like that you're offering C&C, but what's REALLY actually teaching me something is the fact that you're editing the photo and explaining exactly what you did to each one. Thanks so much for taking the time! Very helpful for someone like me who's just beginning to get into PP work.

No problem dakkon, I am glad I could help.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes
 
Hi Dwayne..

Following this thread for a while, thought I'd put one to you to see your thoughts.. what do you think?

Thanks,

Rick

3398681766_c51d464858_b.jpg

good

-great colors
-great comp (dirt bike riders placed off center)
-great contrast and detail
-great DOF effect
-exposure is right on
-great freeze action (shutter speed)

nit

photo is noisy (maybe due to trade off on getting a faster shutter speed)

tweak

-lightened (dodge) the reflections in there goggles
-lightened (dodge) the dust plume in the BG

-healed out the mud clump on the track and little flying dirt spot (right)
-put the photo through NR software

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p149035589-4.jpg
 
Last edited:
hi Dwayne, ive been messing around with a sony cyber-shot dsc-h10 point and shoot. i think this is one of my better shots. what could i do to make it better?

3673611737_48400b7f8b_b.jpg


thanks.
 
Hmmmm, what happened to the land/cityscapes?

I took this on the way home yesterday. The sky was nice and moody. This was about as much as I could do with it. Im curious to see what else you would do to enhance it.

Much thanks for work here. :thumbup:

3683328358_4abd71daea_b.jpg
 
hi Dwayne, ive been messing around with a sony cyber-shot dsc-h10 point and shoot. i think this is one of my better shots. what could i do to make it better?

3673611737_48400b7f8b_b.jpg


thanks.

good

-cool frog
-great placement of the frog (1/3 rule)
-tack sharp (eyes)
-exposure is right on
-good contrast

nit

-comp, to much water (negative space)
-photo is a tad noisy

tweak

-cropped the photo so there is less water

-added color boost (dodge) to just the eyes

-set the white and black points (better tone curve using pp)

-healed out some of the water reflections in the top of the photo
-healed out some stray grass and debris in the water

-put the photo through NR software

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p799122992-3.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks for your offer, Dwayne, this is very kind of you.

Feel free to rip:

glade2_2x3_orton.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom