I would LOVE some critisism!

please post just a few pics 1-4 that you really like and ask for C&C. People here generally don't click the links. Welcome to tpf!
tj

Hi Rachel, welcome to the forum.

You've got some good shots in there, you obviously have an eye for them. There are others that could be improved a lot though. If there's one or two you'd particularly like feedback on, post them here. It's kind of hard to give detailed feedback on a whole album!

The Gorgeous water picture in your stream is the best one

Again, you should really link some pictures in you thread, ill be nice and give you some c&C anyways, i suggest that you straighten alot of your pictures, the horizon is a little bit off in most of them, i'm not really a portrait type of guy, so ill leave those out, the book one has a good idea, but itd b e better if it was at a lower angle, so you could use bokeh to your advantage

Had a quick look, looks nice.

If you want some more CC, start looking at others stuff and post up on their images. Not to say that only people with a higher post count should get CC, but it shows some involvement in the community and not just a drive by CCing.

Also, as suggested, post up a few images for people to comment on. Just a few, not all.

seems more and more like people come here link their flickr and never post again. They just post and leave. Sometimes i'll click a link if they have more than 20 posts because most likely they're not trying to just drive traffic.

seems more and more like people come here link their flickr and never post again. They just post and leave. Sometimes i'll click a link if they have more than 20 posts because most likely they're not trying to just drive traffic.

Thing is also, i dont even see anyone with good pictures. No offense OP, but its mainly snapshots of nice places, and then, like you said, they peace out.

So it seems that my being prejudice against low post number users isn't just a me thing.

So it seems that my being prejudice against low post number users isn't just a me thing.

NO....it's not just you bigtwinky...this young lady's post must be post number 1,046 that I have opened from a first-time poster laying out a one- or two-sentence "crit my work!" or "what do you think of my shot!?" post, which is ever-so-kindly referred to in a nifty facebook, flickr, photobucket,or other web host site URL.

The newbie poster can be a professional in his middle-aged years promoting his studio's web site (a week or two ago this happened), a twenty-something Flickr shuttrbug, a MWAC with a small photo business, or any number of other types of photography enthusiast. All of whom want to come in, ask for critique, and watch their site traffic skyrocket. With zero value added.

The modus operandi is well-known and very tiresome. In salmon fishing this is called an "on and gone" or a "driveby".

Use an IMG code and post the pictures directly to the thread. Check out the sticky threads for help if you're not sure how.

Most reactions

Back