Icy Sunset

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few images from a late evening walk on the ice at the lake.
461843958_7Z2JJ-M.jpg

461838680_2TLct-M.jpg

461843989_r2wJV-M.jpg
I stayed till nature turned the lights out. It was nice and peacefull, but freezing cold.
2.gif

Nice..nice. It definitely looks peaceful but cold. I like the second one the best with the little frozen alcove.

Beautiful shots! The second is my fave as well, with the curved icepack leading my eye into and through the shot, those interesting 'pancake' ice patches, and the sun just dipping below the horizon.

Yes, I think I, too, like the second best, for all the reasons Anty is naming, though I also quite like the many colours reflected on the water in the third and the texture of both water and chips of ice on it.

"Lake" ... so this is fresh water? Not salt water?

"Lake" ... so this is fresh water? Not salt water?

Yes, the canadians have a completely different perception of lakes compared to us europeans. You could quite easily lose Switzerland in a canadian lake. A point that was rammed home to me when a canadian, while pointing at lake Zürich, asked me "what's that river called?".

Love No. 2 Chiller.

Actually, I wasn't asking this because of the size of the lake, but because of the shape of the ice formations in 2. I would have ascribed such formations to ice forming in salt water myself (maybe quite, quite wrongly so), and not to those in fresh water...

I take your point about the ice formations and salt water, so I checked Lake Ontario (I'm assuming it's Lake Ontario given Chillers location) and according to wikipedia all of the North American great lakes are freshwater.

Wikipedia also talks about the heavy pollution of Lake Ontario, which perhaps could go someway to explaining those weird ice formations, but apparently since the 1970's or so a big clean up operation has been underway and the lake is practically back to normal.

So keine Ahnung

Nice shots Chiller...I presume they were taken somewhere along the north shore of the Golden Horseshoe?
If they were taken in the last few days you must have been damn cold!

I'm surprised these are in "just for fun". They're *really* nice.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate you all taking the time.

Nice shots Chiller...I presume they were taken somewhere along the north shore of the Golden Horseshoe?
If they were taken in the last few days you must have been damn cold!

Thanks Cap. These were taking at the bottom of Manse Road near the filteration plant in Scarborough. And yeah...it was -38 with the winds. At one point the heat from my eye fogged up the viewfinder and it froze over. :er: These ice flow look much smaller in the photograph then in person. They are about the size of a little kids plastic swimming pool.

I'm surprised these are in "just for fun". They're *really* nice.
Thanks "Man". I remember a conversation over in that "Pro" place that said anyone who takes photos for a hobby should post in the Just for Fun gallery, so they are not wasting time signing our guestbook or something like that. ....so I do this for a hobby. :D:lol::D

Actually, I wasn't asking this because of the size of the lake, but because of the shape of the ice formations in 2. I would have ascribed such formations to ice forming in salt water myself (maybe quite, quite wrongly so), and not to those in fresh water...

Thank you Corinna. Yeah, it isnt salt water. But very polluted. :lol::lol: It is close to the filteration plant and a nuclear plant. :er: This is a place I nik named The Wasteland, cause when all this stuff melts in the spring, everything is unearthed.

WOW!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

Love them!!! Especially the 3rd. Wow!!! Wow!!

(Yeah...about the "Just For Fun" forum....ummm....if it were up to *me*....we'd have a whole gallery devoted to "Chiller" !!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) Yeah...I'm a fan!! :blushing: :lol: )

Absolutely beautiful. The water looking so icy and the setting sun so warm. Thanks for sharing.

3rd is my favorite followed by numero uno.

If you don't mind could you share your settings? Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back