Ideas for project for friend's birthday..

austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy,

So my friends birthday is coming up (end of the month) and I have quite a few photos of him and I was thinking of doing some sweet photo collage or project or something that I could print out and mail him. Most of my shots are from an adventure he and a bunch of my friends took to colorado and of him playing frisbee (which he loves).

Any great ideas out there? I just mentioned a collage, but thats super cliche and I want to try and come up with some rather original (haha which is ironic posting online asking for help) that'd be neat. Perhaps just a big poster of many of the images fading over each other? Or are those posters that are made up of tiny photos but reveal one photo when standing far, hard to do?

Any examples or advice would be peachy. Thanks so much. My equipment is listed below. And I am working in Lightroom 3 on a 24" iMac.. Also I work 40-50 hours a week and sadly dont have tons of time to dedicate to this (or photography too much anymore.. tears...)

Last edited:
This might be a bit of a usual sort of thing, but what about an album of some sort that you could "personalize" with comments and things about the photos and the things that folks were doing - would be a bit more like a "scrapbook" than a real photo album. You can make up the "pages" yourself and then have them printed somewhere that makes these "albums" or, if you have the time and the insight, you could always make the album yourself. My 0.02¢.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

A photobook would be nice. Check out shutterfly or blurb. A few nice print could be cool too. custom printed frisbee?

A photobook would be nice. Check out shutterfly or blurb. A few nice print could be cool too. custom printed frisbee?

nice. thanks for the feedback guys. I like it. I think the custom printed frisbee would probably be the coolest thing ever. Awesome!! Any good ideas for websites, or can local places do that too?

nice. thanks for the feedback guys. I like it. I think the custom printed frisbee would probably be the coolest thing ever. Awesome!! Any good ideas for websites, or can local places do that too?

This place might work. I just did a quick google search but their frisbees look a bit better quality then some of the other stuff I saw.

Designing Artwork for Custom Discraft Discs

This place might work. I just did a quick google search but their frisbees look a bit better quality then some of the other stuff I saw.

Nice. Thanks. Although I was reading through that site and it seems you need a 50 order minimum. So I will try a google search, didnt realize there would be companies specifically doing this.

Nice. Thanks. Although I was reading through that site and it seems you need a 50 order minimum. So I will try a google search, didnt realize there would be companies specifically doing this.

Me neither. But I have lots of friends into disc golf. So this does not surprise me.

Most reactions

Back