If anyone has done anything stupider, feel free to post

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I got my big new D600 camera, added a couple new lenses, and set out to do some serious shooting. I posted a few things. got replies about picture not being just right. So I changed filters, changed lenses. Still I'm not thrilled with he shots. so many with the hairline cut off. Why was I composing wrong. took the camera to show out with the family. Mediocrity. Coming home from my short trip, I'm taking shots again, but loosing tops of pictures. I start checking settings. All You Smart A**es out there already have the answer. But hey I'm old OK. The dam thing has been set on DX only for the whole time I've had the camera. One quick change and OMG. What a difference.
I guess nobody will try to top this stupid trick. Later Ed

I on a daily basis still bring my camera up to my eye with the lens cap still on.

Sorry to say Ed, never done such a thing in my life. :roll: :twoface:

I on a daily basis still bring my camera up to my eye with the lens cap still on.

Happens ALL the time. 4 year old thinks it's hilarious!

:lmao: Good one OldHippy.I bet now its like you got a new Camera all over again.

I could make a list of stupid things i have done but this relates to photography.I waken early one saturday morning about 530am and decided to take a drive at this pond that I go to for some bird shots. I left a little to early,still dark out. So I got to the location and I was sitting in the car listening to some tunes until sunrise.Sunrise came and I got out of the car with the camera go to turn it on and the camera is dead. I am thinking WTF a new camera and its broken already.After I examine the camera for a few I realized there is No battery in the darn thing.It was home on the charger and I didn't have a spare one. I drove back home and went back to sleep.:lol:

Thanks guys, but going from DX 16mp old camera to Dx 10mp just about kicked my ass. Could not figure how I was backsliding so fast.

Thanks guys, but going from DX 16mp old camera to Dx 10mp just about kicked my ass. Could not figure how I was backsliding so fast.

A friend of my was a mechanics for a rally team and was driving the car around the service park to make sure things were all set. When he came back he said it was down on power and sluggish. Turned out he had the parking brake on. Not so bad in a regular car but on a rally car it's designed for heavy use in turning. So we look at the rotors in the rear and they were glowing cherry red.

He felt pretty dumb on that one and worse when he had to change out the pads.

So I got my big new D600 camera, added a couple new lenses, and set out to do some serious shooting. I posted a few things. got replies about picture not being just right. So I changed filters, changed lenses. Still I'm not thrilled with he shots. so many with the hairline cut off. Why was I composing wrong. took the camera to show out with the family. Mediocrity. Coming home from my short trip, I'm taking shots again, but loosing tops of pictures. I start checking settings. All You Smart A**es out there already have the answer. But hey I'm old OK. The dam thing has been set on DX only for the whole time I've had the camera. One quick change and OMG. What a difference.
I guess nobody will try to top this stupid trick. Later Ed
Mehh... strictly bush-league! I could write a book of stupid things both photographic and non-photographic that I've done!

^^^ Have at it!! I'm all ears! :D

Hippy... I don't tell stories on myself too often, because I would spend way too much time doing it, lol! But thanks for sharing.. and with a new body, that really isn't that big of a mistake! ;)

I've probably got more dumbness in me than anybody, but I try to keep it to myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back