If cuteness coud kill.....

Read the travelers signature. Then reread his initial comment. He was out of line.

wow people can be rude. just so you know, this forum isn't only for people who are trying to become professional photographers. This forum is for people who have common interest: PHOTOS. So you can bring you're drama to your facebook.

If you really want help to become better.. then being rude to those that can help you will ensure that you don't get that help. On forums.. sometimes something might be meant in a humorous manner, but it is very difficult to catch that sometimes.. since the written word does not convey everything the writer might have been thinking or feeling. Miscommunications happen all of the time. Also.. sometimes those who teach get really frustrated by the sometimes questionable reactions to what they know is good advice, just because the "student" really doesn't want to hear it!

Baturn: I do not think the Traveler was out of line.... I think he was trying to make a funny... and it backfired! And Angel overreacted!

JessicaLynn: Since you are new.. and don't know the Traveler, or me.. or even Blackrose89.... I really wonder why you even feel qualified to comment? :)

Dang this thread is still going on? I really do appreciate the people coming to defend me and bringing this thread back up, but it's really just going to cause more drama (even if that's not your intent) and will most likely result in a locked thread. Traveler stated his opinion, I stated mine. So let's either comment on the kittens or just let it go. :)

Travelers comments are part of the reason I waited so long to post in this forum. Maybe I just don't like the structure needed in an OP that is treated like an unwritten (or maybe not) rule. Liven up a bit. Not everyone is looking for CC on their photos. The forum title isn't "CC for beginners." This was just a light hearted thread that turned cold.

/2cents from a newb

OK.
ask yourself why you are posting three virtually identical pictures of a small cat?
Can't you look at them and decide which one is best?
And what do you want to hear about this as a picture?

For cute kittens pictures that your friends will AAAAHHHH about, try Facebook.

If you want to be a better photographer, post a larger picture of the single best one, tell us what you think and why.

I reread this and I don't hear sarcasm.
I hear exactly what I meant - posting pictures is only enough for a while.
Eventually to progress a photographer must think for his or her self.

Why does the OP like one or the other?
What do they think is wrong?

That way instead of the viewer making some decision about a single picture or two, the OP can hear some comments on her decision process, helping to form that instead of looking at one picture at a point in time.
A piano teacher will show a student how to play something and then will expect the student to show how the student can play it.
In photography developing the critical sense is as important or more as developing the skills to press the button.

As to the people who think that this site isn't for professionals.
I didn't say it was.
I only assumed that when people ask for comments on pictures they want to be better - and, since they are relative novices, they would allow those with more experience to show them the best way to learn.
Clearly, in this situation, the novices are certain they know best how to proceed.

Travelers comments are part of the reason I waited so long to post in this forum. Maybe I just don't like the structure needed in an OP that is treated like an unwritten (or maybe not) rule. Liven up a bit. Not everyone is looking for CC on their photos. The forum title isn't "CC for beginners." This was just a light hearted thread that turned cold.

/2cents from a newb

Just so you know, you will get critique whether you ask for it or not, here, and in the galleries. Two places you typically wont get critique are the "just for fun" and "off topic" sections. Post your images in the correct sections according to your intent.

Welcome to the forum! You can look around and see how it operates and enjoy your time here, or fight it and see how that turns out. Good luck on your chosen path!

I would remind members that the Beginners section is only for posting of photos specifically for critique. It is not a general share your photo section - that is the just for fun gallery. Threads posted in Beginners are intended to help and improve one, and thus critique is not only welcomed, but expected (or at least hoped for).

Different people are also going to offer critique in different ways, and some offer their critique by first asking the photographer to help things out - to put up more info or expand upon their own thoughts/methods.

I like the shots. Black and white works with them.

I didnt care if it got critiqued I expected it to be. I never got upset at anyone critiquing it. I had no problem with the rest of travelers response. I would've been happy to answer his questions. I simplyy didn't like the Facebook comment, I just felt like was a snark. Geez people both sides need to let it go. We both said our piece just move on.

Last edited:
liked the first one, too many shadows in second one....and third one didnt show up....wow first look at this site and it seems pretty feisty...

Most reactions

Back